Current state of play regarding export of DCS to touchscreens

Hi, several months back, I invested in a pretty expensive Iyama touchscreen, intending to run Helios to export the gauges and screens in DCS...

Firstly, I hit issues getting it to work and was unable to get any help that solved the problem via captain zeen etc.....

I have moved the screen to a new PC now, but now it wont work as a touch screen for some reason I am unable to figure out, some windows issue / setting I imagine....I also have a pair of small touchscreens that I brought recently but never set up for use with my cougar MFD's...

Given the above, do you think its worth me persevering to try and get it working? Is Helios reliable and a good choice? What other options are there?

How much trouble am I letting myself into going down this rabbit hole?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Had a look at the iiyama site and they don't seem to offer much help on this issue.

Found this with a Google search. It's for HP products but should be same troubleshooting process. Worth a look maybe. Hope it helps.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03488148#:~:text=Your%20touch%20screen%20might%20not,reinstall%20the%20touch%20screen%20driver.&text=Right%2Dclick%20the%20touch%20screen%20device%2C%20and%20then%20click%20Uninstall,reinstall%20the%20touch%20screen%20driver.

Edit: I'd say yes, it is worth persevering with Helios as it does work very well with a touch screen. Certain aspects can be a bit finicky and frustrating but on the whole it works very well and adds a lot of immersion to the sim.

Edited by Hunter_5E

Thanks, I will give that a try....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You could try this.....

Currently in beta btw.

https://wwsimstore.com/home/simapp_pro/

Quick tutorial here -

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir