Triple screens, LCD's for MFD's and 2 GPU's

Hi there,

First post here, a long time lurker but I've been running in some trouble over here.

First the specs:

i7 8700K with a 1080 Ti, both overclocked and 16GB of RAM.

A second GPU has been added, a GT710 (for the LCD's).

Screenwise, I'm running 1 2540x1440 main screen, 3 1920x1080 screens on my righ and 2 small LCD's at 1024x768. Total resolution 7808x1080.

Now, I've made a fresh install of DCS and tried to figure out the LCD's configured as MFD's. I just received the GT710 which has 4 HDMI ports, so I can attach the LCD's to the GT710 since the outputs of the 1080 Ti are occupied by the 3 other screens and a main screen.

Before I've added the screens, the game was running just fine on high settings, I cannot recall the exact FPS, but it did fine.

However, after I've added the LCD's and changed the settings to make them work, my FPS has been tumbling down to about ~30. I already made some adjustments by turning MSAA off, terrain textures to low, tuning shadows down a bit, but it's not getting that much better.

I'm going to try and do some tests without the LCD's attached, to see if it gets better. Otherwise, there might be a thing about the LCD's and the MFD's which are displayed on that.

Or maybe, there is a setting I overlooked, or something to be aware of when using a second GPU for extra outputs. Might be. I would pleased to hear about that then.

PS: I've added my options and multimonitor lua files for more explaination.

Regards,

Jacco

Jacco.lua

options.lua

Edited by jaccovdzaag

Resolution would need to be 7808x1440 based on your description above, but DCS doesnt really support 2 GPU so I think your issue may be to do with the output on the second GPU.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Resolution would need to be 7808x1440 based on your description above, but DCS doesnt really support 2 GPU so I think your issue may be to do with the output on the second GPU.

Hi there,

The 2560x1440 monitor is not used when I'm playing, I switch to the other 3 screens when I go and play DCS.

It might have to do with the second GPU. Without the output for the 2 MFD's, so 5760x1080, everything runs fine. I add the 2 MFD's, everything goes south...

Did you just add the two smaller LCDs to your setup? I suspect for MFDs?

If so, and if you want to run with LCD MFDs you are going to have to really drop your graphics settings to get acceptable framrates. This seems to be a limitation on how DCS handles viewports. The LCDs in my MFDs now remain off and disconnected from my PC. They look real nice but kill performance big time.

I have the same issue as you. My main screen is 3440 x 1440 and two screens for MFDs 1280 x 800 on an RTX 2080 Super.

I want smooth flight dynamincs which means....no pretty MFDs.

Edited by bmodrow

AMD 3950X, MSI Meg Ace X570, 64GB GSkill Trindent, 2 x 1TB EVO 970 Plus NVMe, 500GB Evo 970 Plus NVMe, 4 EVO 850 SSDs, RTX 2080 Super, AOC 34" Ultra Wide 3440 X 1440, Track IR, VKB Gladiaor K, VKB T-Rudder, Thurstmaster TWCS

Hi, maybe I can be of any help as I saw issues in FPS as well when exporting the MFCDs via a second GPU. Have a look over here to see what I did and how I finally solved it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261225

Finally I removed the second GPU and ran a Matrox Triplehead2Go. If you need further information from my ends please let me know.

Good luck,

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz