CAS Page

Swift.

I would love to see it, but let's be honest... It's too much work for almost nothing gained.

CA doesn't allow human JTACS to transmit like that, and the AI JTAC doesn't do it either. So it will require additions to the F/A-18C module, CA, and the AI JTAC to be useful.

I would love to see it, but let's be honest... It's too much work for almost nothing gained.

CA doesn't allow human JTACS to transmit like that, and the AI JTAC doesn't do it either. So it will require additions to the F/A-18C module, CA, and the AI JTAC to be useful.

Some of us belong to groups with very capable human FAC(A) / JTAC

It’s an integral part of what we do.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Some of us belong to groups with very capable human FAC(A) / JTAC

It’s an integral part of what we do.

While they can be the best FAC(A)/JTAC in the world - It doesn't mean they can actually transmit it... It require additional ED development.

While they can be the best FAC(A)/JTAC in the world - It doesn't mean they can actually transmit it... It require additional ED development.

Then perhaps part of EDs development of the CAS page could a be a further development of CA JTAC, it would also benefit A-10 iirc not to mention AV8B. In addition I wouldn't be surprised if hornet FACa can transmit CAS briefs to other hornets using link.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Have we got any information regarding CAS page availability on a 'mid 2000's' legacy Hornet.

I suspect it might be a later addition to both Super's and Legacy...

Plus, there has been absolutely zero hint that it's on ED's radar for implementation. Other missing stuff on the roadmap has all been hinted / teased by Wags and Co. over the last 2 years. There have been zero mentions of a CAS page.

I'd like to see all roadmap items be added first. Maybe the CAS page (along with improved AI JTAC) is a candidate for a Hornet 2.0 in a few years time.

Then perhaps part of EDs development of the CAS page could a be a further development of CA JTAC, it would also benefit A-10 iirc not to mention AV8B. In addition I wouldn't be surprised if hornet FACa can transmit CAS briefs to other hornets using link.

Agreed, and yeah, I'd like to have the CAS page in the Hornet, just like in the Harrier.

Have we got any information regarding CAS page availability on a 'mid 2000's' legacy Hornet.

I suspect it might be a later addition to both Super's and Legacy...

Plus, there has been absolutely zero hint that it's on ED's radar for implementation. Other missing stuff on the roadmap has all been hinted / teased by Wags and Co. over the last 2 years. There have been zero mentions of a CAS page.

I'd like to see all roadmap items be added first. Maybe the CAS page (along with improved AI JTAC) is a candidate for a Hornet 2.0 in a few years time.

ED have never said anything, but I'm fairly certain it was an item on mid 2000s hornets. Im surprised you would rather have something like AG radar than something that was used apparently all the time in real world.

I wish they would! The JTAC is a superb asset of DCS. I hope they'll give it some more love in the future. But truth to be told, expect the option to change the coordinates to LAT/LONG - there are more urgent priorities

ED have never said anything, but I'm fairly certain it was an item on mid 2000s hornets. Im surprised you would rather have something like AG radar than something that was used apparently all the time in real world.

Here is a document from 2002, which makes mention of hornets being equipped with ARC-210 (DCS) to allow the digital transfer of CAS briefs

Ok thanks for the doc.

To be honest though, unless the JTAC is human in MP, or we have a improved AI version, the CAS brief will be quite artificial and simplistic anyway. How useful do you find the A10c message page version as it is now?

I’d rather have core aircraft systems that have at least been acknowledged by ED, than a late addition system that would only be used for one mission set. Admittedly it would be cool, I do want it, but not before published roadmap.

Well it has been described as a 'HUGE feature' by rl hornet pilots, so...

And it would find use in the fact that hornets are used as FAC platforms by USMC, meaning CAS briefs can be sent form plane to plane.

And if you are excluding features not on the roadmap, then exclude mgrs as well

And for those that say our hornet doesn't have DCS equipped arc-210. As per NATOPS, DCS came in at AFC 269/ BUNO 163427. Our BUNO is 165407, which means it should have DCS arc-210.

Note how we have MIDS which came in AFC 270 so we definitely should have DCS, QED we should have CAS page as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I sketched up what I could from that University of Tennessee Masters Theses, pretty much all of it is laid out in that document.

Looking good! I hope ED can find the needed supporting documentation and implement it.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Looking good! I hope ED can find the needed supporting documentation and implement it.

It looks like a vast majority of it is in that Masters Theses, and I imagine they have a fair amount already on MIDS and DCS as they are planning on adding those at some point.

• 1 year later...