Full fidelity Russian as next module?

carss

I doubt that Deka would even have the right connections and access to the Russian technology for this task. It will probably take some Russian developers to develop this jet properly.

• Like 1

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Would they consider a Russian aircraft in PLAAF service like the Su-27SK or Su-30MKK?

Su-30MKK sounds good, it would be a good counter to the F-15E by RAZBAM and they could implement a Chinese or Russian version of Jester AI, like an Ivan AI or something ;)

article_5c3c74ddc3b7e9_49748786.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Indian developers should more suitable for MiG-29K since they operated them. Unfortunately never heard of it.

Yeah well.. ...wishfull thinking of mine.

True, but I doubt anyone from India would be willing to give any info on the Mig-29K to a Chinese dev team. So Russia is the only chance, plus Russia is the main creator of it so why not

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

We need a full fidelity russian acft.

Yes we do, I believe ED hopes to make one full fidelity 4th gen Russian Aircraft. So I'm certainly guessing it's already going to be a Flanker or a Fulcrum. I do hope either one can make a Mig-29K. It'll be the perfect counter to the Hornet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt that Deka would even have the right connections and access to the Russian technology for this task. It will probably take some Russian developers to develop this jet properly.

No, the Russian developers cannot do that, because the Russian laws in military secret sphere, but developers of any other country can, because Russian laws do not matter... that,s the problem. ED itself cannot make RED fighter by the same means (sorry for my english, im Russian)

In that case, I would really love it if Deka would consider making a Russian jet. I have a lot of respect for these developers and having a russian jet from these guys would most likely have very well modeled functions and features.

DCS will be more balanced and we will have a more diverse crowd in the community. I hope you guys get a proper modeled module soon.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I have indefinitely put on hold any hopes of a full fidelity Russian 4th gen. My understanding is that there are some vaguely worded Russian laws that could land a developer in trouble for having/using the kind of data required to make a full fidelity mod of an aircraft currently in service.

No, the Russian developers cannot do that, because the Russian laws in military secret sphere, but developers of any other country can, because Russian laws do not matter... that,s the problem. ED itself cannot make RED fighter by the same means (sorry for my english, im Russian)

Exactly, ED cannot make it. But can they be 100% sure they will not get in trouble for having a modern Russian aircraft on their platform even if made by someone else? Maybe they can't even afford to allow a 3rd party to do it.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

I have indefinitely put on hold any hopes of a full fidelity Russian 4th gen. My understanding is that there are some vaguely worded Russian laws that could land a developer in trouble for having/using the kind of data required to make a full fidelity mod of an aircraft currently in service.

Exactly, ED cannot make it. But can they be 100% sure they will not get in trouble for having a modern Russian aircraft on their platform even if made by someone else? Maybe they can't even afford to allow a 3rd party to do it.

When it comes to defense contracting and opsec, always err on the side of caution. That might mean certain airframes are out of the question, even for 3rd parties.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It is more like that no one can go ask from Russian company (defense companies) any details about the weapons or systems they are manufacturing and selling. But a company that ain't Russian based, can go and try to make a deal with any other country (than Russia).

There is no logic at all that FSB would disallow Russian company to get access to a Russian aircraft and weapons systems, but then would allow a foreign country to have access to them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A full fidelity Russian jet doesn't have to be a 4th gen aircraft if it's not possible (Although it would be highly preferred by the community). Even if they went cold war and developed an interceptor like a Mig-25 or the Su-15 Flagon would be plenty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:music_whistling:for mie i'm so happy when there will be a SU30 ANY VERSION

:book:

+1 I'd like an Su-30M2 if asked any preference in the Su-30 family. It's still a traditional Su-30 without Canards or TVC so it shouldn't be as classified. And also advanced enough too

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

J-11A/B would sell like hot cake, I like the J-10 as well, Deka Ironworks have really proved that they are great developers with J-17, great work!

Deka is already working on a J-10 but as an AI for the China Asset Pack. The J-10 is too advanced to be made as a full fidelity module in DCS, at least for the next few years

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Based on that post, there is literally nothing about older declassified modules to included the SU-24 and SU-17 that would be a problem. Maybe that line is the SU-27 since he didn't ask. But then again maybe not. IMO its easier and more profitable for ED to pump out more generic 4th Gen US stuff so thats what they do for now...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).