Why are FPS so bad in Yak?

Flarpt

Seriously, is there any fix out there, any hope at all?

A10 flys butter smooth, so does harrier... F16 is even smooth, but hop in the Yak and

down the toilet goes all the fps. No matter where I fly. Less than half the fps of any other.,, why?

So please, I am looking for help.

It ain't about flight models... the Yak is as basic as you can get. And if my Harrier, F18, F16, F86, all choppers & A10A-C, and F5 all fly smooth.....

Then

this

is

a YAK issue.

Not my rtx 2080 or 16 mb ram etc...

Looking for help r a fix please. A kind thank you to all that take a minute to help a fella out.☺

A10 flys butter smooth, so does harrier... F16 is even smooth, but hop in the Yak and down the toilet goes all the fps. No matter where I fly. Less than half the fps of any other.,, why?

AFAIK the Yak is still waiting for ED to make LOD models for it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4066195#post4066195

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Hi

Work on the FPS issues are in progress, we hope we can share a fix with your all soon.

Thank you for your patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I appreciate the replys very much, thank you BIGNEWY & RAMSAY.

I mean zero disrespect, but I have owned this plane all year, I don't get it, I mean, why?

I own most choppers & planes, but because of these kinds of ever growing and unresolved issues I literally am not investing further in DCS any longer. I cannot, there is no return on poor performance and never coming upgrades.

I want to buy stuff and fly, i really do, but ANY consumer needs at least a little confidence before they plunk down hard earned cash.

Every time I am FINALLY able to invest in newer hardware it gets NERFED due to some new feature that the sim engine cannot utilize modern PCs to run well for.... It all looks great in videos and helps sales I am sure, but it never runs faster like modern sim engines.

The answer to investing customers, especially long term customers should never be to buy better equipment due to map & engine "upgrades, and maybe next year the patch/Lods or Vulkan might come, maybe.

I wanted to buy the Christian II, Tomcat and the Mi8, but cannot pull the trigger due to these increasing issues....

If I cannot fly what I already bought, what was advertised, exceeding all specs listed, AFTER A YEAR of waiting, then how can I invest further?

I mean this man to man, with full respect to all reading. This is no rant, this is straight up honest friends.☺

I don't wish to rant or blame, and I apologize if that is how I come off.

But I have had the Yak for a year..... It should have run as advertised on day one when it was released. This isn't Steam early access excuses-level anymore.

Why is the priority releasing more aircraft, and crippling the engine down even further with more flare that the code has ANY ability to utilize a modern multi-core PC instead of to reinvest and make the sim BRAG WORTHY?

-As in, running for most customers the way it is constantly advertised?

I mean, I am no rube, I know, we all know that if they advertised the majority of DCS World's Players' current playing experience then they'd go belly up in weeks....

"Buy now for planes that you cannot hope to fly for over a year, upgrade your expensive hardware for a chance to run it like we do,... until we upgrade the maps and shaders to nerf any system under $ten grand..." LOL☺

It is very frustrating, yes.

I want to be a fan boy. i want to own one of everything DCS put out. I want to spend MORE TIME flying and making videos and spreading around how awesome DCS really is, rather than spending the majority of my time searching the web, youtube and forums just trying to get half the FPS you see in adds, or fixing what the last patch >Blessed< us all with...

Man, I think I better be walking away now before they ban me. No return for the investment here this year. Going to be like Ross and take a break from DCS for awhile. Maybe when I check back it will have earned a right to my HD space and SUBSTANTIAL investment of time and money.

Because after all the upgrading, and DCS purchasing I have done these last few years, it needs to be far better than this and the ever so worn out, "Maybe next year/next patch etc..."

Love the game. Want to love it more than it returns currently.

Ryzen 5, RTX 2080, 16gb ram, solidstate drives..... should run a year old Yak flat out☺LOL

Don't be so dramatic, it might also be worth investigating hazzer's comment instead of going all emo about it and rambling about cpus. And ED won't ban you for complaining, no matter how stridently, until you get aggressive with them. There's a crapload of people that consistently complain, I rarely see action taken against them

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I rarely see action taken against them

Complaining is OK, ad homs and immature behaviour are not. Just my take on it though.

related to other previously unknown issues

Care to elaborate? This is the first time I hear of this.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

We do not ban for having an opinion or given feedback as long as it is mature and not insulting. But lets not derail this thread.

I can fully understand the frustration and I will chase this up with the team.

Thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We do not ban for having an opinion or given feedback as long as it is mature and not insulting. But lets not derail this thread.

I can fully understand the frustration and I will chase this up with the team.

Thank you

After playing a bit with Yak today, I have a feeling it's the same Prop issue I reported years ago while on beta team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

The team are investigating but it is proving to be a difficult issue.

It applies to other aircraft also

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253448

• 2 weeks later...

Look friends, my comments stand. They are very valid questions and rock solid points.

The Yak is how old and still runs this bad? The Yak, simple little Yak, not the F-16 [which still has its immense issues if you looks around the forums..] Can't blame that on not owning the latest Nasa Kray upgrades this time☺.

How is anything I have posted Emo, have you read your comments?

If it insults, then I am not the one who released an unoptomised aircraft a few years back, then did not bother to fix whatever technical issues for it in those years to make it fly as good as say, the Harrier.

So, how am I the dramatic one? Sounds like you two are projecting your own lack of business cumin and immaturity at me or something? I spent good money on a Yak to fly, not wait until "maybe next year' for Ed to get around to fixing or optimizing.

Why on earth should I drop another nickle on ED's quarterly sales when the last several aircraft I was dumb enough to pre-order are STILL unoptomized, not patched and not worth their sale's price points? Some don't have the common sense of a bowling ball in a bathtub.

I want to buy the last 3 things I don't already own, but how can I roll the dice yet again on MAYBE this one being complete..?Man, you kids really don't like doses of reality do you?

The point is the Yak should fly awesomely now after approaching 2 years. Where are the patches?

That's what this thread was about before the fanboy hijacking.

Back to business,

"WHEN" ED, when will you deliver the patch on the old Yak please?

• 1 month later...

Soooooo more than a month passes and we still have a Yak that is not fixed...

But we do have a new video posted on how ED is going to work on performance issues in 2020. Like they posted in 2019. And 2018...

But we can all Pre-Order the Super Carrier!☺LOL

• 1 month later...
Hi

Work on the FPS issues are in progress, we hope we can share a fix with your all soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi.

So here we are another several months down the road and still the Yak is really not flyable for me. About HALF the FPS of any other jet or chopper I own. All FC3 aircraft, the Harrier, the F86, the P51 etc all run smooth as butter.

But the Yak fps are in the toilet. For I think almost 2 years now...

Please, is this ABANDONWARE, can I get my money back please, or is there a fix coming this or next year?

Just looking for some answers and satisfaction, not looking to offend or fight please☺

Thank you friends.

Comparing F-18 and Yak on Khasab runway ready for takeoff... 68 fps vs 67 fps.

Problems looks to be on your side. I am able to fly Yak with my friend without problems.

You should at least provide some useful info like your specs, settings, logs, screenshots/videos showing some fps difference between aircrafts.