Triple screen setup for KA-50 and SA342

Here is my triple screen setup for the Shark and Gazelle. Works well for me so thought I'd share in case others haven't thought of this particular arrangement and might like it.

I tried and tried to get used to full triple screen view while flying helicopters but found the stretch was just too much at the outer edges and was making me feel sick. Using 3 cameras gets rid of the stretch but looks really weird and wrong unless your monitors are at 90 degrees to each other. That mode is mainly for projectors in a room or booth.

Didn't want to just settle for a single screen though so tried a few different methods. Eventually settled on using 1/3 of both left and right screens and it is just right for me. Just enough to give you that extra peripheral vision that one screen can't provide and gets rid of the worst of the stretch effects.

Means that you have 2/3 of right and left screens to put other stuff on like exported ABRIS, Shkval, RWR, TV, and you can even put Helios panels there if you want. I found it to be very useful as I don't have a fourth monitor to put stuff on. It's a pretty good combi use of triple screen real estate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KA-50 Helios Profile (For Helios 1.3.190)- New, Version 2 - Old one deleted

==========

Made some good improvements.

Added R828 and all R800 controls to Radio Mini panel. Now a complete package in one small handy panel - has toggles for Frequency lists for each map

Added ARK-22 Panel with Inner/Auto/Outer NDB selector included

Added KA-50 ADF channels list with Morse code and a Morse code reference sheet

Added Views Panel, Labels Panel, Kneeboard with buttons to scroll pages and mark current position

Removed old Radio panel as no longer needed and it was a bit laggy as well

Removed Back panel as one ballistics selector didn't work - replaced it with Hydraulics panel

Removed "F" keys panel and replaced with wingman commands panel - now has Toggle Formation included

Moved a few things a bit to improve the look and useability.

Probably a couple other things I can't remember but its a lot better than the previous version. Check it out.

You will nee CaptZeen's Images folder from his profile for his panels to display correctly in mine. I couldn't include it in my rar file as it made it too big to post here. You can get it here though - its the "Capt_Zeen_KA50_v1.0b" profile, third up from bottom of the page.

http://www.captzeen.com/helios/downloads.asp

Please read the README.txt in my rar file - explains how to position kneeboard and also highlights a conflict in KA-50 default key assignments. Also explains how to get the viewpoint that I have and the keys you need to remap to your communications menu.

NOTE: Found out yesterday that repositioning the kneeboard will cause you to fail an integrity check in online server browser. The init.lua files for the SA342 RWR, TV etc won't though.

923942624_Gazelle1.thumb.jpg.d2b3685cffc90ee078452353b27d70da.jpg

233954229_Gazelle2.thumb.jpg.3d4bb90ea5e7c3dfae7e720c3954e753.jpg

KA-50 Carbon Fibre 2.rar

23524752_KA-50CarbonFibre2a.thumb.jpg.7088e3a2859674726acf456e2d245f73.jpg

898331687_KA-50CarbonFibre2b.thumb.jpg.bb26df6ebecab0d535f0d32bd1cfc6f3.jpg

2138095455_KA-50CarbonFibre2c.thumb.jpg.a7e9a691cedfab37513b1b60a10e1489.jpg

1136601616_KA-50CarbonFibre2d.thumb.jpg.c507a077c8ec28019bfe8bb14616aa02.jpg

Edited by Hunter_5E
Updated profile

• 2 weeks later...

Helios 1.4 Profile

Got it done - profile for Helios 1.4.2019.1005

I've put all required images into my own folders and redirected Helios to them so no need for CaptZeen's images folder any more. Took a while to do but was worth it. Ended up too big for one archive due to file size limit here so split in two. Put the two folders from the second rar into my \Images\Carbon Fibre folder.

Added a mod for repositioning the kneeboard and passing integrity check and one for installing init.lua files for SA342 viewports output. Makes life easier all round.

Many graphical improvements and some repositioning for ease of use. Added several items that were missing from the last version.

NOTE: The COMS button is now mapped to the "SPU-9 PTT" function instead of "Communications menu". If "Easy communication" is switched off in a mission the "Communication menu" function only works on the ground, not in the air. "SPU-9 PTT" works for both. I had to remap it to LSHIFT + 9 as the default RALT + \ didn't work for me.

Toggle buttons for overhead and elec panels now floating top right of middle screen to make them closer to the panels and easier to use. Move them elsewhere if you don't like them there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - changed autopilot buttons to "Lit = ON, Unlit = OFF" so they are now opposite to cockpit buttons. Just so you know.

Hope you like it.

2059937371_KA-50CarbonFibre3a.thumb.jpg.717cd7574a20be549e64cfd0d2af1d47.jpg

756532119_KA-50CarbonFibre3b.thumb.jpg.ba1e1a63e800b6539a48a8012405cee9.jpg

KA-50 Carbon Fibre 3 (1of2).rar

KA-50 Carbon Fibre 3 (2of2).rar

Edited by Hunter_5E

Here is a fixed radio panel texture as the last one was badly stitched together - I didn't have a decent graphics editing program at the time.

Also a resized texture for the ARK-22 as it was a bit off and was bugging me.

Put these both into \Images\Carbon Fibre\Panel Backings and overwrite the originals.

I also missed the radio frequency window texture when redirecting Helios to my Images folders.

Fixed that and the alignment of VHF1 and VHF2 digits - they were just a bit off.

Little things but make a difference overall.

Replace the original profile ".hpf" file with the one in the rar below.

Other than that, tested everything again and it's all working and correct.

Carbon Fibre 3 Fix.rar

Edited by Hunter_5E

• 3 weeks later...

Only just came across how to constrain the main GUI and also the mission editor to the centre screen.

Was a pain having some stuff behind the bezels and out of view.

New monitor config file below with section for GUI/mission editor constraint.

EDIT: If you set the last line "GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center" to "GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Gui" it will constrain both your radio menu and multiplayer messages to the centre screen.

KA-50Helios+SA342.lua

Edited by Hunter_5E

• 5 months later...