How to make enemy units passive?

chnapo

Hello. I would like to create a small "damage test" sandbox, where I can test how much damage do weapons cause to what targets. It is difficult to test (I know, nonsense stuff) how much damage does AIM-120C deal to aircraft carrier, if I get shot down way before I can hit it with one. So I would like to create a mission where there are dummy enemy units that will not attack me, and just take damage. I cannot find any tutorial or option in DCS to make units passive. Can you please help?

Ryzen 3 3100 @ 4.2 GHz (temporarily, until Ryzen 5 5600 non-X is available)

B550 DS3H

2x16GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti 11GB

Xiaomi 34" 3440x1440 144Hz curved gaming monitor

Either make them allied or set the requested properties in the advanced waypoint settings

Solved it by making myself immortal, temporarily, but I will try your solution. Thank you.

Ryzen 3 3100 @ 4.2 GHz (temporarily, until Ryzen 5 5600 non-X is available)

B550 DS3H

2x16GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti 11GB

Xiaomi 34" 3440x1440 144Hz curved gaming monitor

Being immortal can provoke problems with maneuvers that would destroy your plane e.g. pulling too much G.

In the Trigger editor there is an action, that says "Group AI Off" and one "Unit AI Off" if you don't have hundreds of groups it is the easiest way to have them passive.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

⁸Under advanced waypoint actions, at the group's first waypoint:

ADD -> SET OPTION -> ROE -> WEAPON HOLD

For ground/naval units ADD -> SET OPTION -> ALARM STATE -> GREEN state

For aircraft ADD -> SET OPTION -> REACTION TO THREAT -> NO REACTION

As Shagrat suggests, you can also shut the group's AI off entirely via triggers, though this only works for ground units.

..So I would like to create a mission where there are dummy enemy units that will not attack me..

Depends on what units you're attacking and what weapons you're using.

For examp you mentioned an AIM-120 AMRAAM versus a carrier and I can tell you now forget it because a single AMRAAM won't even tickle a carrier (maybe around 1% damage if you're lucky).

Anyway how do you lock onto a carrier with them?

Regarding other enemy units, clobber them from outside their maximum range and they won't be able to fire back hehe..:)