Don´t like the sound an the ramp

der-blaue-max

Well, you certainly can hear the wind and jet/turboprop engines of nearby aircraft. What else do you want to hear? (what do you mean by "rolling" sounds?)

I've never been on an aircraft carrier deck, but looking at videos online, I can imagine the over deck wind will cause a lot of noise (just like on the deck of a ferry). Obviously, jet engines will be even louder and depending on where you stand, you would also hear the catapults, but other than that? I don't know what we should hear

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I dont´t like the Sound when starting on the remp cause there is nearly nothing to hear or fell. No roling sount or something like that nothing.....

Will this be changed?

The Ramp at an airport or air station is very different than the sound on a carrier deck. When you say rolling, can you be specific?

ED adding the 5MC calls from Primary would be nice, but maybe too complex right now. As a Director, I can tell you about feeling the wind, the cold, the rain and jet exhaust. Very complex things to achieve in DCS I'm afraid.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

The Ramp at an airport or air station is very different than the sound on a carrier deck. When you say rolling, can you be specific?

ED adding the 5MC calls from Primary would be nice, but maybe too complex right now. As a Director, I can tell you about feeling the wind, the cold, the rain and jet exhaust. Very complex things to achieve in DCS I'm afraid.

My guess on the rolling is the sound of the tires on take off

You can also hear these sounds on the deck and in the cockpit.

CarrierArrestedLanding

CarrierArrestedLanding_in

CarrierCatapult

CarrierCatapultTakeoff

CarrierCatapultTakeoff_In

CarrierLaunchBarDisconnect

CarrierLaunchBarDisconnect_In

Carrier_Elevator

Carrier_Elevator_End

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Flying even in a Simulation is feeling. When i do the start on the ramp i want to feel the hair standing up on my neck and arm... But here there is only silence. A slow roling-sound. I never have been on a real carier ramp, but I thing when the Plane is starting, there is a lot of force in the game. Here is nothing?!?!?

Flying even in a Simulation is feeling. When i do the start on the ramp i want to feel the hair standing up on my neck and arm... But here there is only silence. A slow roling-sound. I never have been on a real carier ramp, but I thing when the Plane is starting, there is a lot of force in the game. Here is nothing?!?!?

Turn the volume up, use Simshaker/Buttkicker hw/sw - this is sim, man, what did you expect? Even full-motion multi-million$$ sims cannot give you the exact same feel as IRL. One more thing - play with options > audio settings. There's this "hear like in helmet" check - try without it. You don't wear it in Cessna so don't compare it, please. Closed pressurized cockpit muffles sounds nicely too. Move sliders for world and engine up, others down. Use the mission where other aircraft start on the deck - I hear big roar there.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if there's a way to add some mechanical clunking/banging noises when getting the holdback bar connected and locking up to the shuttle. I imagine the pilot can hear something as the wheel's right under the pilot's seat in the hornet. Not sure if those are events that could be tied to triggering a sound file.

Be also interesting to have some various loudspeaker announcements. But hat could be scripted with SCHEDULER command if you have some sound files.

I was wondering if there's a way to add some mechanical clunking/banging noises when getting the holdback bar connected and locking up to the shuttle. I imagine the pilot can hear something as the wheel's right under the pilot's seat in the hornet.

I would be highly surprised if the pilot can hear this over the engine and ECS sound, and while wearing a helmet.

But maybe someone with real life experience could chime in

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

What about the sound of the ship itself? The very generic engine noise that's the exact same for all vessels regardless of propulsion configuration or speed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

What about the sound of the ship itself? The very generic engine noise that's the exact same for all vessels regardless of propulsion configuration or speed.

Can you be specific on "sound of the ship"? I can tell you from a Flight Deck prospective, not the cockpit.

I thought he was talking about both? Oh well.

There are so many variations of sounds on the Deck and the Ramp. I think what he want's may be too much...maybe!

Me personally, I miss the smell!

That's what's missing from DCS! Just get a coffee cup and fill it with kerosene, put that on your desk and you're good to go!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

That's what's missing from DCS! Just get a coffee cup and fill it with kerosene, put that on your desk and you're good to go!

AD

I agree. Steam from the Catapults, the smell of jet exhaust, JP-5 and the ocean. It all comes together. The universe only knows what else I'm leaving out.

Can't beat it with a bat bro!

Can you be specific on "sound of the ship"? I can tell you from a Flight Deck prospective, not the cockpit.

Sorry, should've specified.

If you spawn any ship in DCS (doesn't matter which), you'll hear an engine noise while a ship is underway, in DCS they all sound the exact same, from the armed speedboats, to submarines at PD, to our supercarriers.

The sound kinda sounds like a higher pitched, less rythmic version of what our current RADARs sound like.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, should've specified.

If you spawn any ship in DCS (doesn't matter which), you'll hear an engine noise while a ship is underway, in DCS they all sound the exact same, from the armed speedboats, to submarines at PD, to our supercarriers.

The sound kinda sounds like a higher pitched, less rythmic version of what our current RADARs sound like.

Hi,

Sorry I forgot about this and coming to these forums sometimes is a like a trip to a daycare facility. Anyway, to answer your question, once the Airboss calls starts for that event (Launch and recovery cycle), you cannot hear the radars turning. At least I couldn't. At night when we spot the deck again (reset for the first launch the next day) you can hear them spinning or emitting (I honestly don't know which is which). You can hear the ocean then to. But as far as during flight ops, I recall hearing the 1MC, 5MC (announcements on live speaker) barely and the aircraft. Again, I'm not a pilot, I was a Flight Deck Chief. I imagine the cockpit is way quieter. I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me anything or email me.

Sorry I forgot about this and coming to these forums sometimes is a like a trip to a daycare facility. Anyway, to answer your question, once the Airboss calls starts for that event (Launch and recovery cycle), you cannot hear the radars turning. At least I couldn't. At night when we spot the deck again (reset for the first launch the next day) you can hear them spinning or emitting (I honestly don't know which is which). You can hear the ocean then to. But as far as during flight ops, I recall hearing the 1MC, 5MC (announcements on live speaker) barely and the aircraft. Again, I'm not a pilot, I was a Flight Deck Chief. I imagine the cockpit is way quieter. I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me anything or email me.

Thanks, but again, slowly, what about ship's engine noise?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You can’t hear the ships engines from the flight deck. Even if they are running full speed. Engines are way down deep in the hull to keep nasty missiles away from them.

I spent way too much time on the flight deck of a frigate, operating helos and never heard the engines. Heard the sea and wind, but no engine noise.

You can’t hear the ships engines from the flight deck. Even if they are running full speed. Engines are way down deep in the hull to keep nasty missiles away from them.

I spent way too much time on the flight deck of a frigate, operating helos and never heard the engines. Heard the sea and wind, but no engine noise.

That's what I thought, though in DCS you hear that mechanical noise that sounds similar to noise of DCS RADARs spinning.

The sound is the same for all ships in DCS regardless of propulsion and power plant, from tiny speedboats, to nuclear powered aircraft carriers, to submerged submarines.

System:

Hi,

Oh no, I didn't mean the sound of the RADARs spinning, it's just that in DCS, all ships have an underway noise (regardless of whatever propulsion system is used, it's even the same for submerged submarines), the noise sounds to me like a fairly low pitched electric motor, it sounds similar to the noise made by land based RADARs/turret drives (but lower pitched) in DCS.

System: