DCS: Fw 190A-8 Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mission design, you have to make them want/need to get those B-17s :)

^ This

Motivating the pilots at different levels is what makes a mission compelling. This applies at the individual, tactical, strategic and meta levels. As has been demonstrated in years gone by, LW players will happily fly 2-3 hour sorties at 8km altitude to accomplish objectives that motivate them. Merely being scenery/targets for the RAF is hardly an incentive. However, it is a good use for the AI.

i think fw190 should get New DM it would be a little pointless to develop present DM when it is going to pass away in near future

thats what i think :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

If realistic strategic bombing attacks don't kill FPS, that would be great.

Formations of 12xB17 have no impact on FPS on the SoW server, even up at 28000ft with contrails.

There is a small stutter when they spawn, but our missions have 4x raids of 12 B17s, at contrail height, over 5 hour periods - and no real impact on performance.

If there were medium bombers, I would swap the B17s out for twin engine aircraft, as they are more suited to the smaller raids. It's frustrating that ED chose to go for the B17 and not a medium bomber actually... a B26 or A20 or similar would have been far more suited to the map.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Formations of 12xB17 have no impact on FPS on the SoW server, even up at 28000ft with contrails.

There is a small stutter when they spawn, but our missions have 4x raids of 12 B17s, at contrail height, over 5 hour periods - and no real impact on performance.

If there were medium bombers, I would swap the B17s out for twin engine aircraft, as they are more suited to the smaller raids. It's frustrating that ED chose to go for the B17 and not a medium bomber actually... a B26 or A20 or similar would have been far more suited to the map.

B17 flying in formation isn't the issue. As soon as they drop bombs on targets like train stations, the fun begins.

B17 flying in formation isn't the issue. As soon as they drop bombs on targets like train stations, the fun begins.

Only too true.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no hard information on how this will be implemented. Or that matter any confirmation that it is going to happen. It was only suggested by Coyote that there could be two variants as the 2 are very closely related.

Speculatively, given that we have separate entries for full wing & clipped wing Spitfires (and similarly for the P-51D-25/35) selectable in the mission editor, I suspect the same will apply for the Fw-190A-8/F-8.

If we do indeed get the F-8 bundled with the A-8, that is.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

a B26 or A20 or similar

I'm pretty certain they said they're going to release an AI Havoc later. Was in one of the newsletters IIRC.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.