DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

they were but not 1vs 1 for sure mor like 100 vs 1

and we cant realy use 67" becouse random engine jamms happen in matter of minutes of use

on another hand bf109 which was limited to 10 minutes on mw50 can run mw50 all day long

thats problem here

if it was a case p-51 manual would state dont use wep in p-51 becouse you wont make back to base

And this is posted in bug reports and ED knows about this problem?

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And this is posted in bug reports and ED knows about this problem?
Yeah, they're pretty aware of the problem people have whenever they don't know how to fly the thing and it's better to blame the engine, the model, whatever except learning better. It's being awhile since last time I got P-51 in WWII combat, but I could use it as long as I wanted should I keep my speed up (so engine refrigerates enough). DCS engine model is not like the usual games featuring a "timer" for the engine to burn out once you use WEP, actual airflow is modelled so keeping that airflow coming prevents engine from blowing up, stop it and engine blows out in seconds. Just as it should be and I don't expect P-47 to be any different.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah, they're pretty aware of the problem people have whenever they don't know how to fly the thing and it's better to blame the engine, the model, whatever except learning better. It's being awhile since last time I got P-51 in WWII combat, but I could use it as long as I wanted should I keep my speed up (so engine refrigerates enough). DCS engine model is not like the usual games featuring a "timer" for the engine to burn out once you use WEP, actual airflow is modelled so keeping that airflow coming prevents engine from blowing up, stop it and engine blows out in seconds. Just as it should be and I don't expect P-47 to be any different.

S!

+1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

S!

Once you use wep in p-51 will brake at some point even whne you engage wep for a split second it will brake. for example in spitfire you can run 67" as long as you want it will not jamm like p-51 those are almost exact the same engines. Its definetly not matter of operating plane i use wep only in emergency while i want to gat away from bf109 chasing me i keep fastes speed possible after you brake that wire it is certain that engien will jamm only matter of time

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 4 weeks later...

How is our little gal coming along?

8a800c58ad854bb6e74236dd9fc7959a--people-photography-vintage-photography.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 4 weeks later...
I can't wait for the P47... Favourite WW2 Fighter for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

im waiting too

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

For all you wannabe Jug riders, a little something to wet your appetite whilst you await the "7-ton milk bottle":

http://vintageaviationecho.com/p-47-thunderbolt-nellie/

Thoroughly fabulous article.

That was great thanks for sharing Fenrir

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

For all you wannabe Jug riders, a little something to wet your appetite whilst you await the "7-ton milk bottle":

Thanks DD_Fenrir :thumbup:

The physical air temperature in the cockpit is very high at all times of the year, the air vents doing nothing but "blowing hairdryer hot air into your face".

Maybe I should redirect my graphics card cooler exhaust to my face, when time comes :)

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wonderful reading indeed!! Thanks for posting mate :thumbup: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Not any more, Sniper. True, it used to be owned by the Fighter Collection but is now with Air Leasing; however, I suspect Nick Grey will have had some hours in it so it wouldn't surprise me if 'Nellie' become the yardstick against which the DCS flight model will be assessed.

Thanks Fenrir - that cockpit looks like it was designed by a locomotive manufacturer. The landing gear hydraulic manifold must weigh thrity pounds by itself.

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

It shows just how good the fidelity of the cockpit models in DCS are.

When I saw that photograph of the cockpit I thought it was a DCS model as it looks just like the quality of the models in DCS

Then I looked outisde the cockpit and realized it was the real thing

Just WOW!!!

• 2 weeks later...