Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Lots missing in the asset pack still? ie no infantry? no flak? Am i missing something?

Yeah, you miss, that it is WIP, more will come during the next weeks and months!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3150551&postcount=2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I need your help. In order to use Deferred Shading to need to lower my gfx settings. So i tried to disable MSAA and Anisotrope Filterung ingame and set it through the Nvidia driver panel.

I can set Anisotrope Filterung but i got no MSAA option. I tried to set Antialiasing in panel, but it is greyed out. How to set MSAA?

BTW, there is MFAA in nvidia panel - should i set this option? I did not see any Antialiasing effect in cockpit when it is enabled.

TIA

The only thing you can use is FXAA, as an emergency solution works well.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Is it wrong to like Blown up Normandy more than Pristine Normandy? Probably my favorite feature.

This really helps to get ground forces engaging each other. Tightly packed houses on narrow streets make it hard to engage until they're on top of each other but leveling half the landscape helps with line of sight.

• 1 month later...

Guys I am very late to the party and with over 266 pages I thought I would just ask.

Is Normandy DCS 2 based with high resolution, new trees and stuff?

I gave up on 1.5 and went to BETA but getting a bit bored with Nevada, is this for beta?

Thanks

Normandy help

Guys & Ladies

New to the series, I have bought the Normandy Map and Assets however i can not for the life of me get the terrain to work in the P51, it just loads what looks like green and black blocks instead of beautiful scenery

It works fine and dandy on the jets but for some reason the prop wont

Any advice/guidance appreciated, not that pc advanced either so apologies....only just made the switch from consoles

i7 7600k 4.2ghz 6mb / nvidia gtx1080 8gb / 16gb corsair 2666mhz / 500gb ssd / maximus ix hero / win10 pro

Guys & Ladies

New to the series, I have bought the Normandy Map and Assets however i can not for the life of me get the terrain to work in the P51, it just loads what looks like green and black blocks instead of beautiful scenery

It works fine and dandy on the jets but for some reason the prop wont

Any advice/guidance appreciated, not that pc advanced either so apologies....only just made the switch from consoles

This is what you should create an own thread for in the related section, which is this one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=470

Or you open up a support ticket on the ED homepage.

In any case you should give proper information about your system and attach your DCS log file, which can be found in "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Logs"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• 2 months later...

I wonder if ED will ever improve / modify / change the brightness issue

The gamma slider is an option, but not enough

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Me too

Normandy looks awesome, but there is still a lot of work

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• ED Team
I would love to see a change log for the map since the first release in early access.

A lot of the work is being done by the 3rd Party that created it, I am not sure how in tune they are with submitting changes for a changelog, they seem to work a little different than other 3rd Parties. I'll ask around.

But as always, watch the newsletter for news on updates and such.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3260871&postcount=112

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hopefully, today we get an update :)

• 1 month later...

Racoon, any progress on WW2 features and environment?

- trains on maps on editor.

- Convoy trucks

- New logistic system

- ships (submarines and torpedos ships) and the LCVP?

- better AAA

- landing strips by editor?

- AI improvements

- WW2 Radar and GCI?

- new features as cargo air-planes supply from air or landing, para-drops, gliders deploy troops?

- towed artillery and ability to towed them by tractors?

- new infantry?

Only little news about 3D models on progress on the newsletters, but no news about the map status (improvements, extension), outside some 3D models.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

There was info on improved performance, new farms, new water towers, updated airfields, concrete runways for correct airfields, etc in an earlier letter. I hope that the water will also get the treatment that we see on the screenshots of SoH and revamped Caucasis. They said they hoped to release it "soon" TM.

Zionid, I know them when that info was release some weeks ago, but the others remarks and features, talked during WW2 develop and others was been "pseudo updated" on the mission editor some months ago, actually no new info has coming about them or when coming that complete features by ED and UGLA media. Only expected a little update about them and the current WW2 status. We like the ww2 section coming otherwise "alive".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Hi,

I hope especially for some information about the status/estimated release dates of AI-improvments (realistic flight-physics and damage-model)

Remember - the release was six month ago : 26 May 2017

:director: Give me a significant update - pronto

I was hoping for a steady release of new ai units after the initial release. Even that didn't happen, so I guess ED has no time to work on WW2 right now. Maybe after 2.5 is out.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.