How much is the MI-8 helping? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #21
Mule

Reputation power: 12
Mule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the roughMule is a jewel in the rough

I purchased the Hip a few days ago. I really like/love flying the Huey and can manage most maneuvers quite well now. I thought for some reason the Hip would be easier to fly probably because it's larger and seems more stable. It wasn't a nightmare to fly but it was certainly a shock to find out how easy it was to get into a vortex ring state. It's just different and I have to adapt.

In VR it looks incredible inside the cockpit and I can't wait to get stuck into all the systems.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #22
Rogue Trooper

Reputation power: 10
Rogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really niceRogue Trooper is just really nice

Yeah she will bite your arse real quick when it comes to VRS and a lack of concentration at slowdown.

Once understood this machine is super reliable.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:53 PM   #23
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

this should answer you

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #24
flo57100

Reputation power: 5
flo57100 will become famous soon enoughflo57100 will become famous soon enough

When trimmed in level flight, I can leave flight controls and put my hands and feet elsewhere, no problem !
flo57100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #25
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 49
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

might be something with my trim logic, but shes very stable. until you decide to push the nose forward... bucking like a horse...
Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #26
rge75

Reputation power: 6
rge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nice

I bought it yesterday because many people said how good this module is, and indeed, the Mi-8 really "feels" great. But landing feels a lot more challenging than with the Huey. While you easily hear/feel when you have to increase the throttle in the Huey, it feels more difficult in the Mi-8. But you'll get used to it very quickly. During flight, it seems a lot more stable than the Huey, especially with the autopilots on.

But if you like the Ka-50, then I'm not sure if you'll enjoy the Mi-8. I e.g. don't like the Ka-50, but I love the Huey and the Mi-8 just feels right to me. The Gazelle was "ok", but it looks like I tend to like the bigger, clumsy choppers.

I did not deal a lot with the weapon systems yet though. But they also seem more straight forward...no fancy computer. Just aim and fire.
rge75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #27
Simicro

Reputation power: 10
Simicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge75 View Post
But landing feels a lot more challenging than with the Huey. While you easily hear/feel when you have to increase the throttle in the Huey, it feels more difficult in the Mi-8.
Quick tip: when under 50 km/h don't let VSI go under -3m/s and everything will be fine.
Simicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #28
rge75

Reputation power: 6
rge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nicerge75 is just really nice

Thanks, yes I found that info somewhere on the net earlier today and it's indeed a usefull info. Watching VSI all the time is your friend ;-)
rge75 is offline   Reply With Quote