How to see anything of "combined Arms"? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 AM   #21
Zimmerdylan

Reputation power: 13
Zimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmustel View Post
I purchased Nevada map bundled with Combined Arms, i have installed both of them and exploring Nevada terrain however I am curious and clueless: how do I use "Combined Arms" or at least get to see something of it? I can't find anything related to it except the icon that shows I have purchased it. Thanks.
LOL.....I get where you are coming from. I purchased Combined Arms some years ago and found it to be pretty much a bust.
Although I know how to use it and have on occasion, I found the whole M.E. to be counter intuitive, and probably the buggiest thing about DCS as a whole.
Whenever I have tried to set up elaborate missions, I found that it took so much effort, trial and error, and messing with things to get past the downright bugginess of the whole thing that I just don't bother with it.
Now a days all I ever do is create very simple mission where I don't have to expect much from any AI, and I never use the Combined Arms stuff at all any more. Too much hassle.
Honestly, I'm glad I got it on sale for like $10.

Nothing personal E.D. Combined Arms just wasn't one of your better modules.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #22
MegOhm_SD

Reputation power: 12
MegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really niceMegOhm_SD is just really nice

Was fun when it came out. It was novelty in DCS World.
Best fun I had with it was jumping in a Sam? And shooting down unsuspecting enemy pilots in multiplayer. Now that created alot of chuckling.

Obviously, ED has higher priorities at the moment. Maybe one day it will get more attention.
Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 65" Samsung 4k 8 Series, Oculus Rift!, Win 10
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #23
Andy1966

Reputation power: 2
Andy1966 will become famous soon enoughAndy1966 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmustel View Post
I purchased Nevada map bundled with Combined Arms, i have installed both of them and exploring Nevada terrain however I am curious and clueless: how do I use "Combined Arms" or at least get to see something of it? I can't find anything related to it except the icon that shows I have purchased it. Thanks.

Basically CA is a mission editer add on that allows you to manually control more assets on the f-10 map. make sure the "allow player to control " box is checked for that units you want to control. then along the top of the F-10 map there are new icons on. click on the unit you want to control, then click on the little airplane icon on the top left and it will load you into the unit, but it has to be checked in the editer for it to work. read the manual there are a few commands to learn. I haven't used it in 2.0 yet, as I just set it up this weekend past.1.5 has a bunch of missions for CA (10 maybe 15)
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #24
Evil.Bonsai

Reputation power: 11
Evil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the roughEvil.Bonsai is a jewel in the rough

There were a few CA missions I've downloaded that were pretty fun. Made one myself. Been a while, though.

My ONE complaint about CA was the fact that I could not see through trees but all enemies could. If creating/playing a mission, a city scape with lots of buildings is better than open/forest area.

Just saw the post below about editing the lua script to enable blocking of LOS through tree 'blocks'...gonna have to try that, soon.

Last edited by Evil.Bonsai; 05-16-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Evil.Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote