Axis Curves/Trimming in Su-25T

Concerning axis curves: I read the 1.1 Readme that came w/ the expansion and it says that the pitch axis curve for AFM aircraft should be nil (linear) and that there should be little/no deadzone in the axis either. Now... After doing a little searching on the forums, one of the testers said that all three axes should be linear w/ no deadzone on AFM aircraft?

EvilBivol-1: What I meant was the in-game Input Options, where you can edit axis curvature for X,Y, and Rudder input. Before, for SFM planes most people would set significant curvatures for these. But for AFM planes, it is HIGHLY recommended (I would even say required) to maintain linear input and a very minimal dead-zone.

Thus far, I've solely dedicated myself to the -25T. I'm fairly sure that the curve for pitch was linear even before I started tinkering w/ the axes. There was a small deadzone that I eliminated, and no problems there. Been using a linear curve on rudders since I started, and it's VERY sensitive. Just using my big toes to "step on the ball" during a turn. I just tried using a 50% curve, and it feels like I push the pedal halfway to the floor to replicate what I used to be doing w/ my toes, heh. Roll was on a 50% curve when I started, and it's been that way for a while. Using a linear curve for roll, though... Seems to make the aircraft very touchy, if not twitchy. I don't have much experience w/ previous sims, jet or otherwise, so I gotta ask, is it supposed to be really sensitive? Someone once used the expression "thinking the stick around" to describe very delicate inputs, but is normal flight supposed to be like that? It's not like I was reefing it every which way beforehand either. Does anyone else mind sharing their axis curves or some advice?

Regarding trim: Using SFM aircraft like the -29 or the -27, trim is very noticeable. Every time you click the hat, the nose jumps or falls slightly. However... On the -25T, it's seemingly non-existant. I checked the pitch trim light to check that it's actually exiting neutral trim, and sure enough, the light goes dark, but I honestly can't tell the difference between neutral trim and a few clicks up or down. Is this simply a matter of scale? Smaller jumps per click? Or is there some way of trimming the -25T that I'm unaware of?

Are you talking about w/ the Su-25/25T, or with the other aircraft? Like I said, I only notice it (or rather, don't notice it) w/ the AFM aircraft (Su-25/25T). With all the other aircraft, trim adjustments are very noticeable.

I am using a X-45 HOTAS, and a set of MOMO racing pedals as rudder pedals.

I am talking about su 25t.. Of course, the sensitivity of other aircrafts to trim is much more then 25t but even with 25t, I can be aware of the trim inputs.

BTW, how did you configure your momo racing pedals? I have a MS Sidewinder Forcefeedvack Wheel with pedal set, can I use them as rudders as you did with momo?

It was pretty easy, actually. The pedals themselves plug into the back of the racing wheel, which is connected to the computer via USB cable. I simply put the wheel itself on a nearby table and left the pedals under the desk. Ha! When I went into Lockon, the device was already listed along w/ the keyboard and the X-45. I made sure no axis was associated w/ the wheel itself, and just associated the rudder axis to the pedals. On a side note, I actually had to invert the rudder axis so that the pedals corresponded to the proper inputs.

IIRC, the Sidewinder uses the joystick port, though. To be honest, I know very little about the wheel or whether or not the same setup I'm using would work for you, BUT, on the surface of it, I don't see why it shouldn't.

Hmm, you're right in that the readme file does not specifically mention roll inputs. It does, however, recommend linear yaw inputs. I'll have to go double check in the roll.

By the way, I'm also using an X-45 and with everything on linear, it seems natural to me. In fact, it is when I forget to remove the curves after flying SFM planes that I get weird responses, most obviously translated in roll response.

As for the trim, I'm not sure about this, but I think trim might be implemented with accelaration, just like outside views and the target marker on the HUD (which is weird, btw). So if you hold it down for a few moments, you begin to see the input.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules