Su-25t Trimming

chardly38

I have a x52 pro. I have the elevator trim on the rotary knob on the throttle and the same with the roll. It works great with the F-15 and A-10. But wont work with the Su-25t. What am i doing wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

From the FAQ, it is because trim is more realistic in both planes (as for flight model and others) than the rest of airplanes in LockOn. In real life those two aircraft have "button" trim, not axis. You need to setup trim in joystick as a key.

Why is the key-command for "set trimmers to neutral possition" not working for the Su-25 and Su-25T?"

This is a feature. The real Su-25 and Su-25T have no such feature, so this function was not incorporated into the new high-fidelity AFM(Advanced Flight Model) for these aircraft.

"Why doesn't the trim-axis work for the Su-25 and Su-25T?"

For the same reason as above - these aircraft have button-style trimmers only in real life.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

What is the trimmer button for these plains. I have looked for it. Must have over looked it. And also the trimmer reset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

As the FAQ I've copied you says, Su-25 have no trimmer reset like in real life. Trim must be setup/mapped in options->controls to a key instead of an axis, unlike the other airplanes.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

What is the trimmer button for these plains. I have looked for it. Must have over looked it. And also the trimmer reset.

No Trimmer reset.

Look in your Eagle Dynamics/Doc Folder - You will find a Key Chart listing all the entries.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks for your help. Now I have to figure how to map the trim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hopefully- you installed the SST software and everything else it asked you to when you were hooking up your X52.

Axis- (pitch, roll, rudder, thrust, and maybe zoom) assign these items in the lockon options\input menus.

Buttons- these should be mapped within your stick's profiling software.

What S77th-konkussion said.

I use the "Pinky" mode and one of the POV's. Works great.

With the Su-25T use the "emergency leveling" autopilot as a method of reseting trim if you get really out of balance, it's not exact but close. Make sure you have room as it isn't instantainious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

thanks I got it on key assignment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 years later...

Rehashing OLD thread I know, but with the button pushing on the SU-25T is it a 'press and hold' to move it far... or 'tap tap tap' to move it?

I've been double tapping 'a' which seems to centre it quickly and easily at least some what thanks to Otto.