Switching bombs to CCIP

MasterZelgadis

I have a problem switching dumb bombs to CCIP. I do the following:

1) switching current steerpoint to TGT via HSI (I see the target waypoint on my HUD now)

2) switch to AG mode and select a dumb bomb, like MK84

3) HUD shows current mode is "AUTO"

4) Try to switch mode to "CCIP" using the Mode button on the STORES display

-> It keeps saying "AUTO" on the HUD

5) switch mode to "MAN" or "FD", then switch mode to "CCIP"-> works

Is that a bug or a feature?

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

CCIP automatically changes to AUTO, if a target point is designated, that's correct. Going to MAN or FD and then getting CCIP to co-exist with a target point is most likely a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Trying to follow the above video using a designated target point to find the targets general location in AUTO mode and then switching to CCIP during the dive.

I have PROG 1 set as CCIP as per the video, everything appears to be working, i press the undesignate button and the bombing mode then switches from AUTO to CCIP.

My dive angle is about thirty degrees and when the CCIP pipper is over the target i press the weapon release button and the bomb fall line/pipper in the HUD flashes.... but no bomb release ??.

I have played the above mission using CCIP mode only and the bombs dropped ok ??.

Please could somebody point out why my bombs are not being released when switching from AUTO to CCIP mode ??.

Thanks.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Trying to follow the above video using a designated target point to find the targets general location in AUTO mode and then switching to CCIP during the dive.

I have PROG 1 set as CCIP as per the video, everything appears to be working, i press the undesignate button and the bombing mode then switches from AUTO to CCIP.

My dive angle is about thirty degrees and when the CCIP pipper is over the target i press the weapon release button and the bomb fall line/pipper in the HUD flashes.... but no bomb release ??.

I have played the above mission using CCIP mode only and the bombs dropped ok ??.

Please could somebody point out why my bombs are not being released when switching from AUTO to CCIP mode ??.

Thanks.

+1 Having the same issue now since the latest update, the fall line is just flashing in CCIP mode, unless I double press the pickle button then a bomb will drop.

Bug section. Many A/G weapons have been impacted by the new release/update.

AUTO seems to be unaffected. A quick scroll thru the bug section will shed some light for some of you and the issues you are experiencing. Unfortunately.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria