=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

was up this morning got all excited to see everything working.

had a nice fight with magic zach.

Server timed out everyone. :(

is it SRS that needs turning off again?

Appreciate that it is a community project but the reliability is extremely frustrating making us want to improve upon it!

~S~

Yeah. The mission needs to be spruced up and SRS is still dead.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

4e226e0ff62cd54bcc313a6886ce4740.gif

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

SRS is running on version 1.6.1.0. Be sure to have at least 1.6.0.0. client. Lower versions are not compatible.

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

ground attack stats seem to be logging for the wrong team. They are accurate just not red/blue :)

myself and happypil and hans on blue you'll see what i mean if you click planes flown.

Well done on getting it back up though.

+1 Noticed that as well

ground attack stats seem to be logging for the wrong team. They are accurate just not red/blue :)

myself and happypil and hans on blue you'll see what i mean if you click planes flown.

Well done on getting it back up though.

Thanks! Will fix asap

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Server not online?

For the last two hours I have tried to connect to the BURNING SKIES server, but it was not visible in the list of servers.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yup, same here. Crash every 30-40 min. It's very unstable today.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

FW-190 A8 Cannot be selected

Please ignore!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Agree with the fact that that there should be new mission, that would be better and more historic.

And only thing I can say at the moment, that I'm sorry that I'm so slow on it. Please endure the current mission for a two more weeks :)

Oh, no.. you got the virus too.. :)

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I am a brand new DCS Warbirds player and wanted to try Burning Skies. I have several questions:

1 - It says to hit left shift + F10 to enable icons but that does not appear to be working?

2 - Where are the red guys taking off from?

3 - How do we find the spots we are supposed to drop bombs on?

4 - What is the average altitude guys are flying at on the server?

5 - I am using the Rift S in VR, I assume most of the good players are using 4K screens and Track IR?

6 - What key do I hit to bring up some interface to type a message that all can see?

Thanks!

1. It's labels; not icons. The labels are just a grey dot which I can hardly see against most backgrounds.

2. Anapa (look at the briefing Alt+B)

3. Study the map (F10) and the map on the briefing. Takes practice, best practice when the enemy is sleeping.

4. No stats. Depends on tactical situation.

5. I don't believe that most players have 4K graphics. I don't. Just TrackIR.

6. Shift + TAB for message to all; Ctrl + TAB for message to own coalition only. TAB reverts to only viewing the message board. Caution: When the message board is in editing mode it blocks all keyboard commands!

LeCuvier

Unfortunatly, DCS does not give you any indicator on the current status of labels being on or off. Only that if you can see them IF the server allows for it. Then you will only see that they are on when you are in the conditions to see them. I believe BS server has that set around 8k range and is only a grey dot.

If you have it set on in your settings, then, when you get on a server that allows labels(dot or full), they will already be on for you. No need to toggle them (easy to lose track of whether they are on/off without being in the condition to actually see them on). If you get on to servers that do not allow them, then they just will not show.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Shahdoh

For BS server, yes. They do not in any way identify friend or foe.

Though labels can be custom configured to display in a multitude of ways so you may see different results on different servers, or setup your own. Just remember, the server controls the label. They can allow labels but not set one, meaning that clients get to use their own (default or custom), not allow a label at all, or like BS server, allow only THEIR label file to be used.

Thank you LeCuvier, how do I enable the labels? Left Shift + F10 does not appear to be doing anything. I watch players from my own side take off down the runway and toggle LShift + F10 multiple times and see nothing, even though my plane is parked 200m away from them and there should be a gray dot appearing next to them? (I do have full labels enabled in my DCS settings. Should this be changed to dot only?)

The label is really just a grey dot, and when you look at a plane that is flying away, if you toggle labels ON and OFF, at some point you will see that there is a small grey dot when the plane as such is no more visible.

For me this "label" is practically invisible and totally useless, while others seem to see it well and it helps them to spot planes. That's why I get shot down by bandits I have never seen. Seems that you are in the same category as I.

The label is defined in the MP server. What you do in your label definition doesn't matter.

LeCuvier

I'll point out that red target area 1 is incorrectly marked on the briefing map. The target area is actually next to the river that's just north of where incorrectly indicated.