Australian iiNet/Internode users MP login

Zomba

Myself and a bunch of guys in my squadron in Aussie on iinet or internode have encountered a problem the last few days where we're not able to login or connect updater when starting DCS. When starting using a VPN all is fine. Direct IP connection is ok without VPN, but VPN login is needed initially to give multiplayer access.

Anyone else here having this issue?

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Just FYI... DCS PC and 2 x Dedicated PC Servers all going through Belong NBN with no issues in WA.

I’m just on their basic home plan.

Ava Good’n Mate.

Edited by Space Cadet

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

I'm in Melbourne, using NBN via MyRepublic. Noticed no issue when login into DCS and MP servers.

It looks more like a network/routing thing instead of a server or game feature problem, especially if you can get it through via VPN.

Might worth to drop a call to iinet about this.

There's no update so far this week btw.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Myself and a bunch of guys in my squadron in Aussie on iinet or internode have encountered a problem the last few days where we're not able to login or connect updater when starting DCS.

When starting using a VPN all is fine. Direct IP connection is ok without VPN, but VPN login is needed initially to give multiplayer access.

Anyone else here having this issue?

Yep, I am with internode NBN and for the last 2 or 3 days I can no longer get DCS updates due to a "Couldn't connect to SERVER" error.

My DCS offline time has passed and am not able to play the game at all or even edit missions due to all modules being disabled.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I had the same issue and sent heaps of info.. Tracert...ip's.... Rather than fight the tech help muppets... I changed to Aussie broad band... Took less time than it would to wait on the phone.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Yep, I am with internode NBN and for the last 2 or 3 days I can no longer get DCS updates due to a "Couldn't connect to SERVER" error.

My DCS offline time has passed and am not able to play the game at all or even edit missions due to all modules being disabled.

Regards, Ian.

Try setting auto login to off, in the misc menu, or edit the autoexec.luo I think it’s called - not at my PC at the moment. It’s in the saved games/open beta/config directory. Change the auto login from true to false. I had the same error and this fixed it for me. I’m also with iinet in WA, and apart from the unable to connect to the dcs website error, which this fixed, Ive had no other problems connecting.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

Try setting auto login to off, in the misc menu, or edit the autoexec.luo I think it’s called - not at my PC at the moment. It’s in the saved games/open beta/config directory. Change the auto login from true to false. I had the same error and this fixed it for me. I’m also with iinet in WA, and apart from the unable to connect to the dcs website error, which this fixed, Ive had no other problems connecting.

Nothing to do with this.... there is a port or three blocked to the Eagle Dynamic area when using IINET or Eagle Dynamic is blocking IINET ip's... I could not even get to the web address https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/ when using any browser. I tried multiple resets, Power cycles of all equipment, dnsflush, dns change, IP change, different computers, laptops or tablets. Funny thing was tracert worked fine... and using the IINET 4G worked ok... it is just when using a landline (FTTP) for me.

Good luck. I was with IINET, so I waited a couple of days... then emailed support waited another 24 hours... then connected to a another ISP's... this part took 1 hour to connect to the new ISP and get up and running... :0. Next day canceled IINET. Problem solved.

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

Yeah 2 users (including myself) in the ACT have the issue as well. Still grappling with iinet support. Convinced them at last that the issue is on their network. Expected to get to network engineers tomorrow 14/6/19. Cheers

Try setting auto login to off, in the misc menu, or edit the autoexec.luo I think it’s called - not at my PC at the moment. It’s in the saved games/open beta/config directory. Change the auto login from true to false.

This is no solution for me, thanks anyway.

Can't get to their website to even try a login, same with their DCS program updates, I do this daily with tester versions, haven't been able to get anything for days.

I have put a tech support query into internode as my brother had a similar issue with Dodo internet a few months ago, that locked him out of his fav online car auctions that he uses on a daily basis, it mysteriously got fixed a few days after Dodo had run him through all sorts of useless tests on his end.

Will see if I get any sense from Internode, wondering if I disable their internal firewall if it may allow it to work, not that I recommend that.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

This is no solution for me, thanks anyway.

Can't get to their website to even try a login, same with their DCS program updates, I do this daily with tester versions, haven't been able to get anything for days.

Aha, so this is the reason why the update is still AWOL... :megalol:

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Yeah 2 users (including myself) in the ACT have the issue as well. Still grappling with iinet support. Convinced them at last that the issue is on their network. Expected to get to network engineers tomorrow 14/6/19. Cheers

Good luck with that, I have been threw it with internode support, after providing examples of pings and trace routes to "www.digitalcombatsimulator.com", they have declared it a problem else where and washed their hands of it.

@Gonk, your spot on mate with your analysis I would say.

Internode statement:

Hi Ian, Thank you for these information. We suspect that this issue is beyond our control since there's a possible blocking on far end as we can see request time on higher hops on trace route result. We can reach the site. The trace routes can reach the site. It works via VPN. Since your service do not have static IP, every time you switch the modem off/on, the IP address your modem is obtaining is changing. You can try restarting the modem to obtain a new IP address, but I can not guarantee that this will resolve the issue. If you have any further questions regarding this matter or wish to provide further information, please reply to this email or call the Internode Contact Centre on 13 NODE (13 66 33). Regards, Geraldine. Customer Services Officer Internode Contact Centre www.internode.on.net Ph: 13 NODE (13 66 33) Fax: 08 8235 6977

Don't know where to place the blame with, but its shutdown all things to do with DCS for me.

more info

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243599&highlight=iinet

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

Went through the same crap with iiNet and after 4 days of me and a mate getting stuffed around we both moved ship to Aussie broadband. Smooth sailing since.

Sent using Tapatalk

MSI Z170X-Gaming 5, Intel 6700K, 32G RAM, RTX2080ti, Samsung SSD gaming drive, Samsung SSD System drive, RIFT CV1, TM Warthog Hotas, TPR peddles, Gamtrix Jetseat

Hi Guys,

My problem with DCS login started late on 5th June maybe 6th I've lost track.

I am with iiNet also (since 2006).

The problem was fixed for me some time today.

I won't recount the emails to iiNet or DCS you have all done it, suffice to say I am happy it is fixed.

I do not believe it was an iiNet problem, I think the problem was somewhere in DCS network coding or whatever and I will say why I believe that.

I run my own private DCS server for my family to fly mostly Normandy with me and their client machines are in other countries besides Australia. The overseas clients could not find my server (obviously) when the problem was there but they also could not see any Normandy servers at all.

Anyway DCS kept asking me to check things

I am a happy camper and glad to be off again in my MkIX. :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

My problem with DCS login started late on 5th June maybe 6th I've lost track.

I am with iiNet also (since 2006).

The problem was fixed for me some time today.

:thumbup:

I am happy to say that Internode ISP is now in operation again, I can do DCS updates, authenticate and browse the website.

Interesting thing is that the routing went back to the same paths and still gives similar missing packets but now functions ok and also have no acknolegement from the provider that they fixed anything.

Hope it has resolved for all of you others with IINet / Internode.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

I am on iinet and can't login or go to the support site without using VPN. I have a ticket in with the DCS staff and they are looking at it.

Things to note.

A friend on iinet has no issues.

I cannot login or got to digitalcombatsim.com without using VPN.

iinet claims it has nothing to do with them and asked if there is anything else they could help with...

It worked late last night but not this morning or now.

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

I am on iinet and can't login or go to the support site without using VPN. I have a ticket in with the DCS staff and they are looking at it.

Things to note.

A friend on iinet has no issues.

I cannot login or got to digitalcombatsim.com without using VPN.

iinet claims it has nothing to do with them and asked if there is anything else they could help with...

It worked late last night but not this morning or now.

I dont think it is an iiNet issue as I said above. If you have a friend close by whose DCS is working get them to check that they can see all map regions in the server list. It was strange that no Normandy map servers could be seen by me (via the VPN) nor by family member trying to find my server from OS. No Normandy maps were visible at all.

VPN is good for server hosting

Working fine still as of today (fingers crossed).