Engine Limitations: Are they modeled?

I was curious about the engine limitations, as I have experience seizing engines on the Mustang. I tried a takeoff without properly warming the oil/radiator temperature, and I flew for a good 20 minutes at max RPM and max throttle. Never managed to get the engine to blow.

That made me curious, how do I blow the engine?

Both overheating it and overboosting still work perfectly :D. The former is a bit harder to do on purpose in Spit, as we can't close the rads manually, the latter, however is as fast and deadly as in Mustang, if the "sweet spot" RPM vs MAP ratio is set.

Warming up doesn't seem to be necessary for anything indeed, like in Mustang. Actually, given the incorrect operation of mixture lever, I'd hazard a guess most of the engine code was just copy&paste job from the -51.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Actually, given the incorrect operation of mixture lever, I'd hazard a guess most of the engine code was just copy&paste job from the -51.

The radio operation is - although both use the same radio, in Mk.IXe is not used an remote PTT button. :)

The radio operation is - although both use the same radio, in Mk.IXe is not used an remote PTT button. :)

and in DCS World is not MK.IXe, so what is here connection with anything?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I was curious about the engine limitations, as I have experience seizing engines on the Mustang. I tried a takeoff without properly warming the oil/radiator temperature, and I flew for a good 20 minutes at max RPM and max throttle. Never managed to get the engine to blow.

That made me curious, how do I blow the engine?

It's real easy, just hit the gas and keep it in a very steep climb. Airspeed too low for proper cooling, engine overheats, and kablooey :)

Now that you mention it, there might be an option for realistic engine behavior under the Special tab, in the Options menu... I just haven't looked at it in a while.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!