Super Tankers

Phantom88

From Eagle Dynamics FB Page

“Super Tankers for Persian Gulf Map

An important aspect of the Persian Gulf is its traffic of super tankers coming to and from. For the new Persian Gulf Map, we have added this new static object that is built into the map. These are in addition to cargo ships and various types of pleasure craft. Just like cars, truck, buses, and trains for the ground, we also want to create a more “lived in” look for the sea parts of the map.

Also in today’s images, we see an example of one of the highly-factious skins; in this case, Israel. We fully realize this is not a realistic skin, but we also have many customers from various countries that do not operate the Hornet, but still wish to fly their Hornets in their countries liveries.

w7yb7q.jpg

2wpkl1c.jpg

Patrick

mini.gif

That's too bad. It will be a real immersion breaker. I wish that they had left them as "Ship objects" instead of "static objects" so the mission designer can determine how they act in the mission environment.

Hopefully like the trains we will be able to turn them off.

I would see a campaign where your task is to interdict shipping to enforce a naval blockade that stops oil from moving through the straights as part of economic sanctions that escalates. For that we would need ship objects.

Hello Rob,I think I understand what you're saying as far as "Mission Design"? They've been discussing making them "Objects" in The Mission Editor but probably won't come in EA Release.

Personally I'd like to see them Helo landable and able to place objects on them like troops and cargo,That would be Awesome!!!

Patrick

mini.gif

Hello Rob,I think I understand what you're saying as far as "Mission Design"? They've been discussing making them "Objects" in The Mission Editor but probably won't come in EA Release.

Personally I'd like to see them Helo landable and able to place objects on them like troops and cargo,That would be Awesome!!!

That's also exactly what I'd like to do!

So the new super tankers are sinkable!

(naturally the first thing I tested :))

There is no damage model or score points or even "hit" events. But, if they get enough hits, they sink.

First thing I tried too :)

I think I need more than a full magazine from an A10 then, as I emptied one into a tanker and it was still sitting there, mind you I didn't hang around for too long as I went off to see what else there was around

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron