TGP FLIR extremely distorted when looking at smoke

sirrah

I'm having an issue with the targeting pod.

I can operate the pod, find targets and release weapons on them without any issues. But, as soon as I point the TGP to a target that is on fire, or smoking after being destroyed, the FLIR image completely blanks out and I can hardly see anything. As soon as I slew the camera away from the smoke pillars, I can see again. This only happens in FLIR mode (both in BHOT and WHOT), in tv mode the image is showing properly.

I can imagine a certain distortion due to the fire being hot, but in the Hornet for instance, I never had this issue.

Tried out several different missions, all with the same result.

Also made some screenshots, but I discovered that I didn't have Fraps running :doh:

I'll post a few screens tomorrow if I get the chance.

Or maybe someone here knows about this and can give an explanation before that?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Or maybe someone here knows about this and can give an explanation before that?

Sure: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239907

In short:

1- disable chimneys smoke in DCS options

2- clear shaders

3- sometimes PC reboot is required

And it should be back to normal.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Thanks for the quick response guys! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sure: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=239907

In short:

1- disable chimneys smoke in DCS options

2- clear shaders

3- sometimes PC reboot is required

And it should be back to normal.

Just to be sure, by shaders you mean the fxo and metashader2 folders, right?

System specs:

Yes, the fxo and metashader2 folders. They are located in “saved games” DCS folder, not the main installation folder.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks, it helped :thumbup:

System specs: