Warthog stick issue

Harlikwin

So...

I wanted to replace my F16 grip with an F18 grip. I have a 10cm extension and for some reason I couldn't get it to see the F18 stick buttons. (stick works fine when plugged in directly)

Put the F16 stick back on. and now its fubared, the buttons register, but the axes are all screwed up. I tried recalibrating but no joy on that.

Since I have the extension on I'm wondering if I might have torqued the center ball and screwed it up since the extension is pretty tight to get on. I noticed that you can rotate the shaft in 90 degree increments. I tried recalibrating but no joy, its all over the place.

Thoughts on fixing the axes?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If the shaft rotates any point beyond a few degrees, then the internal mechanism is likely busted. I don't know if there is a fix for that. Been a minute since I had my base open, can't recall what prevents any yaw motion.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

If you don’t see the button inputs then It might be connection issues, either bad extension cable or bent/broken connecting prongs. I used to have button issues with my Warthog grip and it turned out one of the connecting prongs was bent.

It’s been a while since I took my Warthog base apart and if I remember correctly the grey connecting plastic (to the grip) is only fixed with epoxy glue internally (to prevent the stick from twisting around). Now the problem with using extension tubing is that if the connection is really tight and you twist the extension tube in/out too many time without securing the grey part in place first the epoxy will eventually come off. I’m not sure if that would mess up axis input but it will allow you to twist the stick around as if it has Yaw axis.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Well, got the buttons to work with the extension, probably bad connection. But the axis are all screwed up.

I found the factory calibration tool, was using windows, but it doesn't work, it tells me to plug in the stick and hit "space bar", nothing happens when I do that. It definitely shows up on the windows calibration screen so I don't think its a USB issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

try to reinstall the firmware and see if that would fix it.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

try to reinstall the firmware and see if that would fix it.

How do i do this? Using target or?

How do i do this? Using target or?

Select Firmware:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/hotaswarthog-en/

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

No joy on the firmware update. Still the same. And still cant run the TM cal tool.