3. Fly into weapon range

4. Pickle

It seems to just end up in the ocean

Am i missing anything ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you arm it, and set a burst height for the A model?

Wags has videos in the update section.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm having some difficulty as well. I'm sure it's operator error, but I've not yet determined what part I'm doing wrong.

Target is located around Sochi. Follow Wags' video on using the C version.

What seems to be happening is that the JSOW is going a few meters beyond the target. I noticed on the waypoint can only go down to about 98 feet. This makes me think the JSOW thinks the ground is at 98.

tempMission.miz.trk

PP mode is also working fine. 4/4 hits. Remember that if your using the BRU-55 rails you have to program the missions for each rail. For example Sta 8 PP 1 + 3 and STA 2 PP 2+4.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I'm having some difficulty as well. I'm sure it's operator error, but I've not yet determined what part I'm doing wrong.

Target is located around Sochi. Follow Wags' video on using the C version.

What seems to be happening is that the JSOW is going a few meters beyond the target. I noticed on the waypoint can only go down to about 98 feet. This makes me think the JSOW thinks the ground is at 98.

It's trying to fly through the point in space defined by the waypoint, since the lowest you can place waypoints is 98 feet AGL that puts the waypoint elevation at ~177 feet, and as such it will fly through the point 98 feet above the target, exactly as it has been instructed.

If you edit the waypoint to correspond to the ground, 79 feet in this case, it hits dead on.

g6Z25JV.jpg?1

That's what I thought as well.

So let me ask you this. I've tried several scenarios.

TOO Air start, C version: Hit. Works well.

TOO Runway start on an airfield: Hit Works well.

TOO Runway start on carrier: Miss.

TOO Runway start on carrier with a GBU-31: Hit. Works well.

Same procedure as far as I can tell for each of these. Can anyone confirm, or is it just me?

Edited by CaptJodan

Just dropped two AGM-154A on some Silkworms in PP mode. The BLUs were released at the planned altitude of 900 ft an hit their target. I just couldn't hear any explosion sound, when the BLUs hit the ground and target. The camera was something like 300 ft away from the impact point of the BLUs.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I used TOO and PP. a couple of things to note.

1. TOO your way point must be set at the target elevation. The default is much higher.

2. For both also set heading. I think if you don't set it, the jsow will attempt to come in at 0/360deg so if you are heading 180 it will over shoot and attempt to turn around.

3. For PP the Top menu button of the UFC labeled TERM is where you set heading and JSA height.

4. If you want exact PP coordinates got to settings->misc select Precise Lat/Long. You will at least get these in the mission editor/planner. Doesn't look like Precise shows up in the Map though :(

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

There is a precise mode in the options now??

There are a bunch of options under Coordinate Display

Lat Long (default)

Lat Long Decimal - this was setting where you needed to convert /1000 * 60

MGRS GRID

Metric

Precise Lat/Long - No conversion needed. Not sure when it showed up but was there before this release.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

Well, the JSOW and JDAM are kinda bugged right now. PP doesnt work. TOO should work but who knows really at this point.

For me both TOO and PP work perfectly fine.

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

That's what I thought as well.

So let me ask you this. I've tried several scenarios.

TOO Air start, C version: Hit. Works well.

TOO Runway start on an airfield: Hit Works well.

TOO Runway start on carrier: Miss.

TOO Runway start on carrier with a GBU-31: Hit. Works well.

Same procedure as far as I can tell for each of these. Can anyone confirm, or is it just me?

I've also experienced something like this. When I tried to use the JSOW in PP mode when taking off from the carrier I inserted the strike point to be on Bandar Abbas airport, I imputed the correct coordinates for that location (and checked they were correct multiple times) but then when I attempted to use the weapon, the HUD was telling me to steer away from the airport 250nm in the wrong direction.

Tried it again but set the aircraft on a runway instead and it worked. I think it maybe a bug with the JSOW and CV alignment?

-= For PP mode =-

Step 1: First Station (8?) for PP1 enter coordinates and elevation for target 1.

Step 2: Press Step to go to next station

Step 3: Enter coordinates for PP1 enter coordinates and elevation for target 2. ( Yes each station is separate now ).

Repeat step 2 and 3 until PP1 is programmed for all 4 stations. Then repeat Step 2 and 3 for PP2 if your using double racks.

Step 4: Make sure to set all stations to PP1 before launch time if you need say target 1 to be hit before target 2, etc.

For launching time:

Just pickle first 4 JSOWs, then when it cycles back to station 8, make sure to press OSB for PP2, then pickle, it will auto cycle again to next station so press OSB for PP2 again and pickle, repeat till all JSOWs are off the rails.

Attached are images of my 8 JSOWs each with a different target. All 8 hit, 1 hit the wrong oil tank but it was either me goofing on easting coord or it was low on glide slope as the target was the tank opposite side of the center that I hit with another JSOW. Realistically though with those being oil drums 1 or 2 JSOWs would probably should have decimated all 9 oil drums.

And Wags has a video on how to enter coordinates in his F-18C Mini Updates thread.

Screen_190614_141005.thumb.png.6f2a43858abda165662b429f21555f75.png

Screen_190614_141234.thumb.png.66aa2cee922f6c0cd935f93423e131ae.png

Screen_190614_141703.thumb.png.91e70ed565639263f13f4175d985fe57.png

Edited by Kazius

Saved GPS PP targets lost after switching to A/A mode?

Hey,

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but I have had it happen a few times that I enter the GPS coordinates for 4 PP targets, and getting jumped by fighters on my way to the target area.

After dispatching of said fighters, I go back to A/G master mode, only to find my 4 PP targets crossed out and the coordinates deleted. Quite annoying, especially since it takes a while to enter coordinates from the F10 map while in VR.

So I entered the coordinates for all PP targets again, drop the 1st bomb on PP1 (JSOW in the most recent case), only to see the PP targets PP2-4 crossed out once again...

Did anyone else here have that happen as well?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I get the identical thing if I try multiple JSOW As. Set up multiple PP targets. Good alignment First drops fine. All the rest of the PP targets are instantly blanked. Haven't tried a JDAM since the latest update, but pre-update JDAMS worked fine with multiple PP targets. Happens without switching to AA mode then back, just dropping the first JSOW blanks the PP targets for the rest. Worth a bug report, I'd do it but as I fly VR track files simply don't work, so I cant provide the evidence. (I wish they could fix the VR track file problem too!)

Edited by Silversmith