Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues

ShaZe88

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop what? Using it? No, I paid for the product, I'll use it as I please.

Lemme Clarify:

Stop Telling people it's a supported method, when it's not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Do you see "SUPPORTED BY ED: OFFICIAL" or any other statement indicating it's supported by you guys?

You can stop being confrontational and argumentative now.

When Buying from the ED Shop, it's recommended to use the ED Installers on the ED Build and not Steam.

Mixing ED's Installers with Steam AFAIK, is not Supported or recommended, that's all I'm sayin', If it works for you, great,

But don't recommend it over just installing everything with ED's Build.

ED's update servers are fine now, you can add a non-steam game to the UI to use Steam Overlay, etc etc.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

You can stop being confrontational and argumentitive now.

When Buying from the ED Shop, it's recommended to use the ED Installers on the ED Build and not Steam.

Recommended, but not required. I'm just saying there's an alternative for those who absolutely hate downloading from Russian servers, and want to use the steam version with the store modules.

Recommended, but not required. I'm just saying there's an alternative for those who absolutely hate downloading from Russian servers, and want to use the steam version with the store modules.

The Update Servers have been fine, and we're getting OT now.

You know, I have never even seen that option before, great find mate :)

As Ivan has stated, I just pointed the install directory to my steam/dcs install folder as below. It asked for a directory folder for the programme list which I called DCS and that was it.

Path I used was.

U:\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld

As long as it is your main DCS root folder it will work.. :)

Thanks again Ivan.

EDIT

Ivan, is there any training missions for the F86 in your install, or does it not come with any?

It looks as if maybe they didn't ship with any training missions. I'm not sure, since I don't use the store version. You'd think they'd ship with training, but eh.

It looks as if maybe they didn't ship with any training missions. I'm not sure, since I don't use the store version. You'd think they'd ship with training, but eh.

They are first beta releases for each product. There are no training mission yet.

Btw, my last update from ED was just as fast as my, usually outstanding Steam, speed so perhaps they really have fixed something.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I Downloaded the Beta of the F-15C (ED Server) and DCS World (Steam) and i not install it. It says me: "DCS world 1.2.7 must be installed" I have the latest version of DCS, as sayd installed with Steam.

I know they are incompatible, but i want the F-15C in DCS. What i can do?:confused:

SU25

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

If the F-15c is not available on Steam you will have to install DCS World from the http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com website. Steam no longer integrates keys from Eagle Dynamics purchases into the Steam install. If you have any other DCS modules in Steam make sure to write down your activation keys before deinstalling DCS World in Steam. The Steam keys are accepted by DCS World install from Eagle Dynamics. Search the forum for "Steam key dcs" to find related posts how to find keys in Steam etc.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ok. Thanks. That mean i do reinstall all.

:(

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

FW190D Serial Number not working in Steam DCS Wolrd

As the title says. I backed DCS:WW2 at the $40 level and chose the FW190D as one of the reward aircraft but the serial allocated doesn't work in my (steam) version of DCS World.

Is this a duff serial or do I need the non steam version?

Cheers,

Bruce

i7-5820K @3.30GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX980 (355.83) Windows 10 Oculus DK2 (Runtime 0.7.0.0)

Based on this link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116362 and the below quote, can someone answer me this question! :)

Sorry if I'm being thick.

I have some steam wallet money, all my modules are purchased from DCS.com. I like the module manager and like how I can download them all there etc etc.

So, if I buy F86 Sabre on steam using my wallet money, can I then import that serial number to my DCS website account, or at the vesry least, will I be able to use this License Management tool to bind the serial number to my DCS.com account so that when I start DCS World without running Steam, the module manager will recognise I have the F86 available to download?

Thanks for any help, I amj going through the thread but I'm at work with people shouting at me! :(

Use License management Page to Activate License on your ED Login,

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116362

Then Log into Module Manager, and VIOLA, it will prompt you to download UH-1H

Or

<Root>/program files/eagle dynamics/DCS Open Beta/bin/

DCS_Updater.exe install UH-1H

Pretty sure using license page should work though.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

Yes, the keys from Steam should work in DCS they are the same. Only Steam won't import ED keys into their database anymore...

I don't know if you can import the keys to the ED database before installing the module, but you can activate the module with the Steam key.

If in doubt maybe get in contact with ED support and ask for the excact procedure?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Based on this link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116362 and the below quote, can someone answer me this question! :)

Sorry if I'm being thick.

I have some steam wallet money, all my modules are purchased from DCS.com. I like the module manager and like how I can download them all there etc etc.

So, if I buy F86 Sabre on steam using my wallet money, can I then import that serial number to my DCS website account, or at the vesry least, will I be able to use this License Management tool to bind the serial number to my DCS.com account so that when I start DCS World without running Steam, the module manager will recognise I have the F86 available to download?

Thanks for any help, I amj going through the thread but I'm at work with people shouting at me! :(

Yes, License Keys issued by Steam are Starforce Proactive Keys and will work in your Non-Steam Install.

Purchase, Get your CD Key, Bind License Key to your EDID,

Open DCSW Non-Steam, Goto Module Manager, Login, It will prompt you that you have new modules to install, hit OK, DCS Will Close and DCS_Updater will download the Correct version of the module.

Ah thanks Skate, and Shagrat for the help. Cool, I will purchase over the weekend and follow your instructions.:thumbup:

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

I bought f-15c from E-Shop after steam merge support stopped. However, Steam actually accepted my E-Shop key, and the DLC is officially listed under my DLC library.

Thing that bug me is key shown on my steam library is different from that I purchased from e-shop. Is it normal?

or gift us the game through steam to get around the key problem.

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals