Cryptocurrency

CAmastersgt

Would like to have the ability to pay for modules/terrain in cryptocurrency through services like BitPay. I can pay for food at Subway with cryptocoin and shop on Newegg. ED not so much. Would be a convenient option.

Given what crypto does to GPU prices , i don't think you are going to see much support for that idea on these forums ! Let me be the first : Hisssss....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Lots of things are convenient but not all of them are a good idea. Btw, how many Subway's can you do that at? I am guessing, very few. From an international point of view, number of merchants that currently accept BitPay is very, very small.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Given what crypto does to GPU prices , i don't think you are going to see much support for that idea on these forums ! Let me be the first : Hisssss....

I'd support paying with something like lumens (XLM). Not all digital currencies are based on "mining".

• Like 1

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

With how volatile cryptocurrencies are you'll see the price on the store page as one value that's roughly US$50, pay half that number in coins because they went up that much in value in the last 5 minutes, and by the time ED cashes out (because you can't pay the power bill with cryptocurrency) it'll be worth US0.97 because the market collapsed when people realized they're worthless.

As far as commodities go (and cryptocurrencies are commodities by every legal definition) at least you can eat corn and burn oil because they have intrinsic value.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Perfect way to pay for Razbam products...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7755564444447351db1866

tenor.gif?itemid=9352090

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Lots of things are convenient but not all of them are a good idea. Btw, how many Subway's can you do that at? I am guessing, very few. From an international point of view, number of merchants that currently accept BitPay is very, very small.

All

Edited by CAmastersgt

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

And what, pray tell, would be the advantage for ED in this scenario? Setting up a new payment system has costs, which must be balanced against gains. But presumably anyone who has cryptocurrency is also going to have money in some real currency like USD, Euros, GBP, Rubles, etc. ED already uses payment systems like PayPal and others that allow anyone with a bank account or credit card to make a purchase, and presumably people who can afford a high-end gaming rig and a $70 module will have a bank account or credit card.

I do not see how this is likely to bring in more customers, and it would create all sorts of headaches since cryptocurrency is highly volatile, making it difficult to set appropriate price points, as has already been mentioned. And in a corporate situation, a bitcoin wallet where anyone with the passcode can make transactions anonymously would be a nightmare. Paypal and other services presumably deposit money into one or more corporate accounts, and ED and their banks and such have agreements about who can do what with that money, and all transactions are tracked, so they can see exactly who transferred money and when and where, and there are clearly stated consequences and responsibilities should any money go missing or transferred inappropriately.

Cryptocurrency is one of those ideas that sounds great until you actually try to figure out how to integrate it into a working financial system.

• 1 year later...

Well, been following what the Gov's around the world have been up to for last well, for a very long time now....

This sort of cements it once and for all, how convenient. This has been coming since the 2008 financial and now also this virus to blame it on? You cannot make this stuff up. Not that I'm into conspiracy.

New Coronavirus Stimulus Bill In Congress Creates U.S. Digital Dollar

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2020/03/23/new-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-introduces-digital-dollar-and-digital-dollar-wallets/#3327c32e4bea

Below Nov 21, 2019

:smilewink: Oh a Crisis Simulation....On Digital Currency.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Everyone who uses crypto immediately converts it to real money afterward because crypto on its own is useless. Especially the scammers =)

Is that what you with yours? Interesting and what of your favour what do you do with that?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Russia’s newly passed crypto bill finally provides a legal status to crypto.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/russian-lawmakers-finally-pass-countrys-major-crypto-bill

Federally charted US banks can now hold crypto for customers.

https://www.coindesk.com/banks-in-us-can-now-offer-crypto-custody-services-regulator-says

The Lithuanian central bank has launched LBCOIN as part of a project to trial central bank digital currencies and blockchain technology in everyday use.

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/innovation/lithuania-central-bank-officially-issues-digital-coin-lbcoin/

PayPal, the fintech giant planning to bring crypto trading to its massive user base.

https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-picks-paxos-to-supply-crypto-for-new-service-sources-say

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Would like to have the ability to pay for modules/terrain in cryptocurrency through services like BitPay. I can pay for food at Subway with cryptocoin and shop on Newegg. ED not so much. Would be a convenient option.

Are you aware that Crypto-currency is for criminals, it is used for illegal activities that mostly involve harming/torturing/killing people. Crypto meaning untraceable so that the Offender cannot be located. Also the people that own Crypto-currency(bit-coin, all of them etc) make their own money all of the time. For example imagine using Monopoly board game money and then using a converter at an EFTPOS machine which converts their monopoly money (bitcoin) to New Zealand dollars. Now the idiots who own bitcoin print their own monopoly money when ever they need it which is then converted into New Zealand dollars at the EFTPOS Machine using the New Zealand Governments money from the Coffers. Do you see how bad this looks from here?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Are you aware that Crypto-currency is for criminals, it is used for illegal activities that mostly involve harming/torturing/killing people. Crypto meaning untraceable so that the Offender cannot be located. Also the people that own Crypto-currency(bit-coin, all of them etc) make their own money all of the time. For example imagine using Monopoly board game money and then using a converter at an EFTPOS machine which converts their monopoly money (bitcoin) to New Zealand dollars. Now the idiots who own bitcoin print their own monopoly money when ever they need it which is then converted into New Zealand dollars at the EFTPOS Machine using the New Zealand Governments money from the Coffers. Do you see how bad this looks from here?

Not well researched at all SUB17,

Just a very quick overview for you / others to research yourself.

The banks are now going to hold and sell Crypto. (Blockchain Technology)

(Blockchain Technology) is our 4rd industrial revolution as big as the internet itself. (Internet of finance / Internet of value)

Vint Cerf (Father of the internet) was at Cardano's

The us dollar is used 1000's more times for criminal activity.

The Fed can print as much money as they want and have.

https://www.usdebtclock.org

Most blockchains are set at an amount ONLY. Bitcoin is 21 million MAX ONLY EVER.

All transactions are seen on the chain. Soon this will be linked to identity's, now the banks are involved. China is all over this to of course (More Control and surveillance)

They can track EVERY transaction with there Blockchain and be able to cut anyone off of their monies.

The latest Blockchain are being built by scientist, mathematicians, cryptographers. David schwartz builds Blockchains and crypto systems (Former NSA)

The latest tech is done with Peer reviews and formal methods with the universities.

Read all the latest research papers of blockchain 3.0

Watch and read all the code opensource in real time

NOTE:

Why does this matter to ED?

Fee's,

First, It's a huge cost in remittances world wide, especially for the lease among us that send money back home etc.

Send 100 only 90 arrives because of fee's and transactions take days (WTF When you think about this in this day and age it's stupid) it will be and easy like sending an email.

With ED skill or the new third parties into blockchain.

ED could take a payment of X crypto (The new ones 3.0. The old ones (Bitcoin) are way to expensive to transact on)

Then send this to an exchange and instant swap for (Enter currency) say, Swiss franc. Cost? Not even half a penny on X amount. Cryto allows for micro payments unlike real money.

The decimal is set to 8 on say bitcoin. Yes, you can have and or send a millionth of a cent in crypto etc lol.

At the moment fee's, for lets say PayPal.

Edited by David OC

All I see is you having no idea what you're talking about, and us rapidly derailing another thread. Let's keep your insane gibberish and my taunts in the UFO thread where they belong ;) But, since we're here...

@David OC

Don't try to debate with him, he's a crazy Wicken Kiwi plotting with the alien grays and John Travolta to overthrow the Earth. We must unite against him with that guy from Green Mile and Eagle Dynamics and join them flying Harriers against the mothership. Vive le Earthlings!

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Stop making fun of people who have English as a second language Zhukov.

It makes you look dumber than you make them look... And it makes you look rude to boot.

Be nice.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Hey, I'm for untraceable and I'm not a criminal (at least I don't think I am:unsure:)

Crap it took me a while to get used to credit cards... Tax collectors are criminals too:P

On a side note: I've heard of some clever virus codes that do mining on your rig without you even knowing:huh:

Stop making fun of people who have English as a second language Zhukov.

It makes you look dumber than you make them look... And it makes you look rude to boot.

Be nice.

Can't say as I care if anybody likes me, or what they think of me.

Also, English is his first language, he's New Zealander. Well, I dunno, he also claims to be an Arkangel from Ceti Alpha Six or something, so who knows? Maybe they speak Welsh in Kiwi heaven?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2