AUTO Bombing TGT Is Moving?

I'm on a mission where my waypoint is a target location. I set my waypoint to TGT, works. Turned on A-G and Master arm on. Stores set to my Mk-83s, Bombing to AUTO, NOSE, and INST. Great. Here is the problem:

the TGT in my HUD is moving around so Im not exactly sure where the target is and DUD randomly pops up in my HUD. It's on and off depending on my pitch. What the hell is happening?

Are you using an axis for your TDC? Does it look like the video in this post?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227481

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

His jerkiness is quite severe. But when he pulls up slightly and move down, his target position moves. Mine does the same thing. But I also have DUD even though I should not. I took a screenshot. What do you think Im doing wrong?

Why do I have a DUD?

a6j9YUc.jpg

Edited by Teriander

Not sure why you have a DUD cue, but try setting a dead zone on your TDC axis. It sounds like you have the same issue.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

I get dud on occasion too. Assuming you’ve correctly set up your fusing, switch mode to CCIP then back to Auto, usually solves it for me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I get dud on occasion too. Assuming you’ve correctly set up your fusing, switch mode to CCIP then back to Auto, usually solves it for me.

I've tried switching CCIP prior to enabling my waypoint to TGT. The problem is, once you've set your waypoint to TGT, you can not select CCIP or MAN. You're stuck in AUTO mode. Unless you know a work around?

It would be awesome if someone from Eagle D could reply and acknowledge if this is a bug or not. I'm trying to resolve this issue and Im not sure if Im doing something wrong or if its out of my control.

I can't complete this mission because I keep dropping DUDs when the warhead should be live!

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, what is all about this DUD?what does it mean?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/dud

DUD

noun

a device, person, or enterprise that proves to be a failure.

a shell or missile that fails to explode after being fired.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

By the way, what is all about this DUD?what does it mean?

In this context, it's a cue on the HUD indicating that a release with your current weapon and flight parameters means that the weapon will not arm itself before impact (hence dud). Like dropping clusters below your VT height setting.