New TM Warthog Mod Extension

New TM Warthog Mod Extension  

17 members have voted

1. 1. New TM Warthog Mod Extension

• Yes
    • No

Hi everyone. I am new to these forums. Recently for the past year or so I have gotten into sims.

I own a warthog hotas + stick. Some saitek pro pedals. Track ir 5. 3 screens. and have an obutto revolution on the way :)

I am sure most of you know about extending the TM Warthog stick. Well, I live in the USA, and most of the pre-made kits are from other countries.

I also have to admit the aesthetics and designs of most extension mods look bad. Either plastic, complicated, too expensive or even too cheap(in quality/parts)

TLDR.

I have spent some time designing a new version of the mod.

My design is metal. Consists of 2 pieces. Zero tools required as there are no screws or bolts.

No modification of the actual stick is required as well.

My extension also allows easy changes of the angle of the stick. Quickly adjustable to suit left and right hand angles, or even standard configuration.

Currently added length is planned to be 7.5cm however any length should be possible. I could probably do about 3.5cm and up.

Currently I am contacting some metal machining/fabricating places near my area. I will post pictures once I have one made.

However, I am curious if people might be interested?

Edited by Tylermon

I'm interested to see what you come up with and certainly interested in the price point. Good luck with it...I'll be following.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

@ Tylermon - Could you show a picture(s) please ?

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

I will know more about pricing after I set things up for fabrication.

I will Support sizes 3.5cm and taller if all goes well. Expect prices to increase for longer lengths.

Today I played with my designs a bit more. Made some nice improvements that if possible in fabrication will be great. And have a few questions for all of you.

Currently my design has essentially a 4cm thick extension shaft.

For aesthetic purposes, I am thinking of reducing the "neck" to about 2cm. And the base/head will remain 4cm.

Another conversation piece is forward slant. A few people have asked me about this and I would love to know the science or thoughts on if and why I should incorporate a forward slant in my design.

Currently I dont feel 7.5cm necessarily needs or would benefit from this. Longer sticks might see a benefit, however I dont know of what. I could be wrong though. And would love some information and opinions on this before designs are final/fabrication starts.

As for pictures, I know everyone wants them. I want to share them! But I would feel much more comfortable keeping my designs private until I make my own extension. Once the first is made, I will most definitely share pics.

EDIT

Talking in some other forums, I believe a forward slant will be default now.

My understanding is this adds comfort when pulling the stick at more extreme ranges. I am all for comfort so consider it done!

Edited by Tylermon