Mustang First Take-Off and Landing: Post your Tracks/Vids

159th_Viper

Oh my god Viper .... What a nice video... How do you do that ???

Blood, Sweat and Tears :D

Jest aside, I'll post a track later, specifically concentrating on engine instruments. Slowly advance the MP to about 42 inHg as a start and she'll fly herself off the ground close to a three-point configuration - makes things a wee bitty easier. When you get used to the handling you can start lifting the tail.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a video...but a screenshot of my special prop...:megalol:

You mean that not the standard prop?:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Slowly advance the MP to about 42 inHg as a start and she'll fly herself off the ground close to a three-point configuration

pt54i1_dlys

Track: Mustang Sally.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One successful crosswind takeoff (Campaign mission), and a not so good landing, forgot to watch for stall speed.

Crosswind.trk

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

• ED Team

My first take off wasn't a take off, more like a drunken dance a fight and a fall over a table ( we have all been there lol ) :music_whistling:

Then my flying buddies told me I should have read the manual lol :smartass:

A bit of pressure on the tail and the correct trimming and all is good now :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
My first take off wasn't a take off, more like a drunken dance a fight and a fall over a table ( we have all been there lol ) :music_whistling:

Then my flying buddies told me I should have read the manual lol :smartass:

A bit of pressure on the tail and the correct trimming and all is good now :thumbup:

According to a biography of a US Mustang pilot, when moving from another aircraft type (usually a P47), they were given 2 days to read the manual, then had a written and oral test (you better know all the engine and flight limits). Then your first flight in a P51!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

My 1st attempted takeoff can only be represented by as series of donutt.pngs.

Too embarrassing to post a track. :cry:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

First attempt => flames in a crater.

And so the second and third one. Damn! I may try with rudder assist. Errr, no. I'll improve to get better. And the best I can get, the biggest the crater will be ;-)

(Off topic but I've just seen the vids in the 'dogfight' thread and I really think there is one lack: the vapor trails from the edges of the wings at High-G / high AoA)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I've been doing a bit of take off and landing practice. Seriously fun and I've only just done this stuff so far.

I setup a mission in the editor with dynamic weather so there's a bit of wind.

Cross wind landing with zero assists.

Notice the yaw on touchdown until I get the steering engaged (oops forgot to pull back for a second there).

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• ED Team

Not first but heavy loaded

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Here we go:

Wing and Fuselage tank full (100%) with Cannons, 10 HVAR and a 4m/s crosswind.

Mission: P-51D Take Off Batumi.miz

Track: Heavy take-off.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I scattered aircraft parts all over twice before deciding to read and do the takeoff training. Once thru with the instructor and even though I wrecked I thought I knew what to do and decided to solo.

The first was an unmitigated disaster but watch for the floating parts at the end. The second time I averted disaster barely, I was so excited I forgot to raise the gear. I am slightly better but I do have to concentrate on what I am doing.

On thing I did find with the Warthog throttle was that I needed the friction cranked down all the way to give me good control. With them split they move so much more easily.

Anyway, here they are...BTW I am no film maker.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

According to a biography of a US Mustang pilot, when moving from another aircraft type (usually a P47), they were given 2 days to read the manual, then had a written and oral test (you better know all the engine and flight limits). Then your first flight in a P51!

I am in the middle of a P-51 pilot biography right now (George Preddy, Top Mustang Ace), my second, and it is amazing how much of their training was either rushed or flat out skipped. Unfortunately, some of that was reflected in the high numbers of non-combat related accidents and deaths.

Well, I gotta say... excellent work on the sim gentlemen, there really is some nice detail in there.

my first attempt, and < hanging head in shame > am I ever emmbarrassed :)

(but it was just - set up some rudimentary assignments on my Warthog, press a few buttons and see what happens)

My_First T_O_.trk

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I scattered aircraft parts all over twice before deciding to read and do the takeoff training. Once thru with the instructor and even though I wrecked I thought I knew what to do and decided to solo.

The first was an unmitigated disaster but watch for the floating parts at the end. The second time I averted disaster barely, I was so excited I forgot to raise the gear. I am slightly better but I do have to concentrate on what I am doing.

On thing I did find with the Warthog throttle was that I needed the friction cranked down all the way to give me good control. With them split they move so much more easily.

Anyway, here they are...BTW I am no film maker.

I see u and I go to the same flying club. They taught me that first sign of trouble - any trouble, immediately pull back on the stick. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P