Reputation System - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:58 PM   #21
funkyfranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Its been used to use inappropriate language towards someone, and abuse comments of all levels. I dont want to list specifics, but they were bad enough to warrant action. With PMs, they can be reported, so for now if you want to thank someone in private, that is the way to go.
I see, but it does not quite make sense. Why could you not report inappropriate language in the rep system since you could always take a screen shot of the rep history? That tells exactly who said what.

Personally, I liked the system to thank you to people and keep their motivation up for the things things they do for the community.
Insulting people is a no go, of course. But again, this can be reported in the same or similar way as a PM with offensive language.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:04 PM   #22
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Its been used to use inappropriate language towards someone, and abuse comments of all levels. I dont want to list specifics, but they were bad enough to warrant action. With PMs, they can be reported, so for now if you want to thank someone in private, that is the way to go.
They should be punished for their actions, not us. This affects the entire community I believe. As Cibit said, people here and I am included took years to build some rep in the community, I mean, some green boxes and a random number might be nothing to you, but I have received many good comments from people I like, it was a pleasure, it was an honor sometimes.

Just because a minority abuses and uses the system in a wrong way, it doesn't mean the entire community should be suffering from it too.

I believe most of us here are adults. A label explaining how you must use this feature wouldn't hurt, a rule enforcing that too.

I thought I was done about the topic, but sorry, I am disappointed. I agree with Cibit, I feel like everything I "made" was taken out of me because a small part of the community used it in a wrong way.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 03-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #23
Kippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
They should be punished for their actions, not us. This affects the entire community I believe. As Cibit said.....
+1

Don't punish those of us who value our reputation with the community. Certainly there must be ways to stop the abuse rather than to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #24
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

In Spanish has a prase with can understand that situation.

-"Pagar justos por pecadores" or equivalent "The innocent pay for the sins of the guilty"

Now we need pay for the actions of a minority with abuse with the reputation system with bad intentions. The bad part.... our reputation has actually zero.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Old 03-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #25
Mainstay

Dear ED. I agree with alot of your decisions in the past but I cannot say the same about disabling the system in total because there are people that abuse it to insult others.

The punishment on those who commit the crime not on those who enjoy expressing their appreciation towards other community members by adding a bit more reputation.

Not the way to go in my opinion and I hope ED reconsider.
(ps) Nineline I really have to get used to that name
Old 03-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #26
hansangb
Veteran

But look at it from ED's perspective. People being people will bitch and moan at the drop of the hat. Just look at any "GIVE ME BETA NOW!!! WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED????" threads.

The problem is that ED is now adjudicating pissing contests between snowflakes who got his/her feelings hurt and decide to give a negative feedback.

And if one does get a negative feedback that's not warranted (using the common sense rule), whom do you contact for an appeal process?

It seems to me it's a lot of headache for nominal gain. Anyone who hangs around here enough knows who is reputable. People like BitMaster, Sokol_BR, Silver_Dragon, ED Testers, Chuck, et al go out of their way to help.

The only way I could see it working is if the + or - feedbacks are there for the whole world to see. This way, people can see who the snowflakes are. I don't mean the total tally, I mean the actual feedback with the context of the post.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
Old 03-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #27
Laivynas
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Other option.
Don't give reputation for person, rather give reputation for an actual post (like in all social networks).
Good posts could be promoted somehow (in every topic could be one "golden" post).

PS. X (not 10, but certain amount) golden posts could trigger one "star" for post author.
That would encorage forum users being more useful for the community and slightly reduce chance of altering someone's reputation with one easy click.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак
Intel i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz (auto OC up to 3.8GHz); RAM 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz; ASUS GTX 1060 O6G (6GB VRAM)

Last edited by Laivynas; 03-06-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #28
Buzzles

Are you going to disable PM's as well then?

They can have the same problem, even if the majority use them properly.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:45 AM   #29
BIGNEWY
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Are you going to disable PM's as well then?
No

Although the PM system can also be abused it is easier to manage, abusive PM's can be reported and dealt with.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #30
Johnny_Rico

phew thought it was just me

It is collective punishment on all if only a very few are abusing it
but then again I have experienced this system being abused myself

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE
Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203
SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245
Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests
Closed Thread