• Yes
    • No

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lads,

Just a few wee issues with the mission that im sure are easy fixes:

External views still on F5 view (seems F2 has been fixed since yesterday)

AWAKS freq not in briefing makes it a bit confusing for newbies to the server.

Server Stability is still an issue

Questions:

Once we have control of Maykop should we be able to rearm and refuel?

I seen there was F5 selectable there but couldn't get armed on the ground.

Apart from that it's a blast!

I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

And possibly an anti-ASS filter...some trolling going on

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Ok, so I've been on the server a couple of times now and it's an absolute blast. Big thanks to the guys at ACG for hosting this. As a newb, I fully expect to have my ass handed to me by the MiGs on a regular basis, as happened on my way to RTB yesterday afternoon. News flash: flying straight and level can be hazardous to your health! I've managed to get SRS up and running, as confirmed on another server, but have had no luck with coms here. Is there a list of freqs somewhere? Are people typically using the SRS plug in, Teamspeak, or simply just communicating over chat? Also, are there typically human GCI controllers, or are we simply contacting AI? GCI sure would've helped me avoid getting schwacked yesterday afternoon! :) TIA for any answers, and once again, a big thanks for those who are designing the missions/hosting the server!

PS: If there are any groups/individuals that fly the F-5 and are looking for a wingman to fly/train with, let me know. I do have RW experience. It's all in heavies but I'd be happy to pass on formation/pattern/ATC procedures etc. Just don't expect me to know anything about BFM.

251.00 is awacs

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Thanks Pipe, but the frequency to talk to the other players ?

Also, when starting from for instance Sochi, do I have to put the 127 frequency to talk to the tower ?

you can contact the tower but in multiplayer the tower is rarely used or even contacted

Just tried SimpleRadio a few minutes ago on ColdWar.

It seems I've some setup trouble with my micro (sound is very weak), but nobody seems to be on coms.

Better to use Teamspeak ?

Edited by CHDT

I must admit i did find the new mission in a very large area where air to air targets were sparse, But the server was pretty empty so maybe why, Although there were lots of ground units to kill, What about making the next mission between Kutasi and Tiblsi its a nice valley through there where you could put bullseye in the middle in the open? but just a thought, I found it painful flying from sochi to Maykop in the hawk then up to novo, Now i do fly the L-39ZA also and thats slower, Thats just my feedback hope it helps, Your first mission is nice and compact and lots happening which is cool :thumbup:

I must admit i did find the new mission in a very large area where air to air targets were sparse, But the server was pretty empty so maybe why, Although there were lots of ground units to kill, What about making the next mission between Kutasi and Tiblsi its a nice valley through there where you could put bullseye in the middle in the open? but just a thought, I found it painful flying from sochi to Maykop in the hawk then up to novo, Now i do fly the L-39ZA also and thats slower, Thats just my feedback hope it helps, Your first mission is nice and compact and lots happening which is cool :thumbup:

I'm aware of the big distance between the airbases. something I can't change due to actual locations in reality. Most missions take place around Sochi, Gudauta, Sukhumi and Senaki simply because they're close from each other but that's becoming too boring. I thought about Kutaisi and Tibilisi but since there's no sea for the Viggen to attack ships I didn't do it. Next mission will surely be Kutaisi and Tibilisi but until then we'll give the new mission some time.

I need to learn more about moose before starting a new mission. Some homework to do :smartass:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

And that's how you end up with a pilot on landing and another one on the runway threshold...:music_whistling:

That's why you always look for traffic before taxiing on the runway... but well, some just don't care if someone is on final...

IronJockel - server's admin - is doing what he can to fix this permanent & annoying sever crash issue! Server's offline right now. Be patient please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

IronJockel - server's admin - is doing what he can to fix this permanent & annoying sever crash issue! Server's offline right now. Be patient please.

It also means that it works well :smilewink:

Maybe I say a mistake but my ping has triple on all the servers

Edited by smilodon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suggestion/idea for the server: Not sure if it's possible or not, but it might be interesting to have a handful of strategic targets to strike. Factories, bridges, etc. CAS is not the F-5s strong suit (especially without a FAC firing target marking rockets.....hmmmm) and some static strike targets might make for some interesting missions. As an incentive, enemy aircraft could be removed and/or friendly added for each successful strike. Also, when choosing locations for the next mission, keep in mind each aircrafts navigational capabilities. Not that Sochi is all that hard to find, but TACAN equipped fields could make some lower wx scenarios possible for the F-5 bubbas. None of this is meant as a critique of the current state of the server, which is great. Just throwing some ideas out there.