which throttles?

I can't tell you which throttle will be ideal but I can tell you one to avoid - Thrustmaster's TWCS. It sticks badly, is too light and the sliding design makes it difficult to judge where you are on the axis. I had a Saitek Throttle Quadrant before and it was significantly better but it died eventually and at least when I was replacing it Saitek had some quality issues, so I went with the TWCS instead.

If your handy with basic metal work and wood work and can solder* you could have a go at building your own,

This still uses the Logitech PCB but only for the slider/collective input.

Having physical inputs just makes flying helicopters that much better. :thumbup:

* There are ways to gat around soldering if need be. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

i am using ch pro throttle and i don't recommend it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

today i tried my friend's hotas warthog. it moves quite hard but if you use a single throttle as collective, it is ok. my pro throttle has potetionmeter and it is not precise, it moves its own. but warthog throttle moves very stable.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Food for thought...

IMAGE 1:

I used a simple plastic pipe extension cable clipped to the TMWH throttle... worked a treat with perfect precision control for several years....

IMAGE 2:

A friend then made this up for me, I asked for 'loads' of switches and Hats...

It is on a bracket that slides between the 2 throttles and held in place by the TMWH locking slide bolt.

An elastic cord at the rear balances the weight without using the TMWH friction rotary..... hands off at any position with no slip and instant movement up or down smooth as silk.......

p1050011.jpg

p1050010.jpg

SIGBLOCK.png

The keypad is a logitec g13.... now redundant as I only use VR (Rift).

I have the original plastic extension in a spares box if you want it... PM an address and I'll post it across... I'm in NI and it's light so N/C if you want it.. :)

SIGBLOCK.png

That is extremely clever Gizzy! .....

Alas it was not me that was clever but the guy that made it.... very talented indeed... example: the throttle is an 'ebay' twist grip for a electric bicycle, came with hall sensors, and the brass screw fitting works as a friction control and lock... this and all the switches and 2 HATS are into leo bodnar board... relatively cheap and fully functional... the collective has had many hundreds of trouble free hours so far ... :)

SIGBLOCK.png

Alas it was not me that was clever but the guy that made it.... very talented indeed... example: the throttle is an 'ebay' twist grip for a electric bicycle, came with hall sensors, and the brass screw fitting works as a friction control and lock... this and all the switches and 2 HATS are into leo bodnar board... relatively cheap and fully functional... the collective has had many hundreds of trouble free hours so far ... :)

Your friend should market that. I reckon people would pay plenty. Really awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk