Official Eagle Dynamics Wiki

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

ok guys, since the DCS wiki is gone we should concentrate on building up the official wiki with all the stuff we need. So I´d like to restart this thread for all those who work with the wiki and adding stuff to it.

It´s important to keep in touch with each other in this matter. Otherwise it´ll end in a mess, since everyone prefers another subjects..

Best example is the current main page.

Link to ED wiki

I´ve just been on it and was punched by totally oversized images which becomes the main page unreadable. Furthermore people might notice that the wiki has changed a lot. I reorganized the structure of most of the contents yesterday. So we need to find a way to work on that thing to get the best result.

I´d furthermore would recommend to use the Biki (Bohemia Interactive wiki) as an example. It has a well structure and clears up things for everyone.

take a look on it: Link to Biki.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I´ve just been on it and was punched by totally oversized images which becomes the main page unreadable.
That is me!

I thought about their size. In spite of the size I really like them. But images together with navigation menu take 3/7 of the page width on my netbook... that's a reason to think of it more.

Regarding coordination. wiki social group. Actually I see a little sense in it since groups discussions are isolated from the forum in some respect. Then interface and the way of talk there is exactly the same as in a thread. No advantages. Let's leave that group alone.

Instead we can utilize discussion pages on the wiki, Current events page on the wiki again and this thread.

Bohemia Interactive wiki is great, indeed.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

OK Tez, I checked it out and it looks good. I also left a testmessage. So let´s start working on the Community wiki.

I linked the Discussion Board on the Community portal, since I haven´t found the direct link on the navigation panel.

First thing to do is to resize the images, other stuff will been added on the Discussion Board. :smilewink:

Ahh...I forgot. We (and all later Authors) should form a habit on setting signatures below things we´ve done/changed or discused, to know who did what.

EDIT: I added the wiki community portal into my signature. Things which are available there are also available on the wiki...the rest ist (still) dead content...so I hope for the communities help

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

I´ve started to rework the wiki, so dont wonder for (currently) missing content. This is all stored and will be available again soon. I hope that the community will start again to provide enough Information, once the wiki Face was lifted..:D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

- main page nearly done. May be changing the one or other background and / or border color of the div elements.

- ED Products sorted and reorganized, but this is still a wip

-> ED wiki

EDIT: VFAT Community added to LOMAC FC Series Category.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Today I took a look into the community portal of the wiki and noticed that someone has changed the Squadrons Linkname into another linkname. I don´t know who did that, so I speak commonly. Never change a linkname without saving the direct link before, to refer the new link name to the old content. Otherwise Informtion can get lost.

Example about what happend: Virtual Squadrons formally referd to the Squadrons list. This link name was changed into virtual Squadrons and Regiments, by that the reference to the former squadrons list went lost.

I fixed that issue again, by copying the code from the old to the new reference.

But please keep in mind that information are sensitive and need to be handled as such.

EDIT: Progress update

- Support ticket link added to troubleshooting section

- FAQ link added to Community Portal section

EDIT2: progress update

- Training supplements and Tutorial Collection merged into one DCS A-10C Guides, Tutorials and Reference Documents on the suggestion of EvilBivol

EDIT3: progress update

- Hardware Profiles seperated from Tutorial collection and made it available via Warthog root page

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Hello guys,

I´ve started the DCS KA-50 BlackShark (1/2) Guides, Tutorials and Reference Documents Category for BlackShark on the ED wiki. But this one is incredible empty and it is a pain in the but to gather the information which seems to be so rare for the Shark as it is definately not for the Hog.

Same is for Hardware profiles, as there are Joysticks and other input and or output devices

So iy you like to support me by sending me your threads, links, whatever, that I can put it into the wiki. You can do it by your self if you wish, but if you do so please be careful not to destroy the code.

I found some things already, but I am pretty much sure that there is so much more outside to gather.

Thanks and regards

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

hmmm...seems I am doing a soliloquy here...too bad, I thought that the Community would be interessted a bit more in the Wiki.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I'm definitely interested, I'm just out of the loop at the moment. For starters, there is this post/thread about saving ABRIS flight plans: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1352004&postcount=16

Thanks, added to the wiki in BS2 Category

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 2 weeks later...

A suggestion. I could possibly do it myself, also.

On the virtual squads page: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Virtual_Squadrons_and_Regiments

Instead of one list for A-10C and another for BS1/2 and LO, I was thinking along the lines of using a table and using the game icons or something similar (would beat using just plain checkmarks imo) to indicate what titles were used by each squad.

Like so:

[table]A-10C|BS1|BS2|FC2|Squadron

icon||||Escuadron 69

icon|icon|icon|icon|War-Hawks[/table]

Then of course we'd have to solicit info from the squads or hope they could have someone from their own squad keep the page updated.

Not sure what to do about geographic locations yet..maybe a separate table for each continent, i.e. North America, Europe, Australia??? Not sure.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

A suggestion. I could possibly do it myself, also.

On the virtual squads page: http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Virtual_Squadrons_and_Regiments

Instead of one list for A-10C and another for BS1/2 and LO, I was thinking along the lines of using a table and using the game icons or something similar (would beat using just plain checkmarks imo) to indicate what titles were used by each squad.

Like so:

[table]A-10C|BS1|BS2|FC2|Squadron

icon||||Escuadron 69

icon|icon|icon|icon|War-Hawks[/table]

Then of course we'd have to solicit info from the squads or hope they could have someone from their own squad keep the page updated.

Not sure what to do about geographic locations yet..maybe a separate table for each continent, i.e. North America, Europe, Australia??? Not sure.

Why not giving it a try and see what happens? The Squadron list you referd to is the old List which had its former place on the main page till I reorganized that. Now the Squadrons are seperated and reachable via the module portals Virtual Squadron Section:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/DCS:_A-10C_Warthog

But a Table with all Squadrons on one look and seperated by a well coded structure and respective Logos...why not?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I'll give it a go, see what we can come up with and what looks like it will work best. If it looks great, great, if not, no harm no foul :)

exactly :thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

wow, that looks great. So we can use that as reference ressource for the modules portal links, since those are seperated into respective modules (Warthog and Blackshark). I gonna change the links asap....well Done

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Good to see, that the wiki gets improved, because by now I miss a lot of things - and I find it not very useful by now (sorry for saying that).

I'm back to DCS for pausing some years.

I would like to get the wiki more valuable. This is my suggestion:

I have to learn all the A-10 C stuff, beginning with avionics, ...

In the forums you will find endless valuable information. Very often I read something valuable but I'm not able to find it again even when using the search function.

What do you think about collecting all this information (I think for example the infos provided by paulrkiii) and saving them in a structured manner into the wiki (with references to the discussion threads)?

In the first moment I planned to build this kind of wiki for my own. But it is much better to do it together in the one and only wiki so everyone has a benefit of this work.

Critics and suggestions appreciated.

Hedgehog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

My suggestion on this would be to create a Group(EDWiki Task Force :D) which cares about the wiki. This might be overdosed but at the end there are only a few people working on the wiki anyways.

We also should meet up may be in someones TS and discuss these things more personally. Actually and basically we´ve to catch up a lot of things since we are working with that wiki since a couple months.There´s so much stuff to add and so much content to become reorganized that I wouldn´t like to see it like "Done when it´s Done", that could end up in a neverending Story.

OK, a Wiki is actually a neverending Story...That´s what it is supposed to be. But we still have only a bit of the whole things done!

Considering the upcoming modules and Stuff to be released by ED, there´s some preperation work necessary as well.

That´s my suggestion on this.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I am not sure whether it´s really needed to put videos in there. For specific Videotutorials we got the Tutorial Collection which refers to those. Since everyone can modify the wiki, I think that it could end up in a video mess.

Explanations should be done in words only, not in vidoes :smartass:

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection