Smoothing out targeting process

VZ_342

This is not a bug, nor is it jittery nerves...

When I try to aim (put the aiming reticle on the target), everything is nice and smooth until I get within half a pipper or so, and then it's like I hit a bit of turbulence. Pipper goes up/down/left/right at random, as if a gust of wind suddenly came up.

When this happens, I'm too close to the target to correct, so I just watch closely and pickle weapons a split second before the pipper crosses the target...and sometimes it works, sometimes a new gust of wind nudges me out of the target aiming.

Just looking for suggestions. I already have a minor weak zone set for pitch and yaw to reduce aiming sensitivity. Maybe there's a specific setting? Or do I just keep fiddling?

:joystick:

Part of it is the pipper is in a default position until you get 'in range' then it seems to move into a different position and begins to be affected by plane movements more. Activating the laser helps a lot with pipper behavior and accuracy, as well (it's not JUST for guiding a a precision weapon)

Speed control is important, as you'll typically be in a dive, as you accelerate the pipper will move around. Aircraft stability is important too, you need to be leveled out and holding, ideally.

Oh, and wind and weather of course is going to blow your plane around a bit, too. If you're crosswind of the target, you'll have more issue staying on target.

The Su-25A is pretty capable, but its systems are pretty crude, so they're very susceptible to 'interference'.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The Su-25A is pretty capable, but its systems are pretty crude, so they're very susceptible to 'interference'.

Quick thought I had:

During WW2 Allied bombers were also crude, and susceptible to “interference”. Their answer was to use mass formations, with only the lead bomber actually “aiming”, everyone else just made sure they were in tight formation.

Made me grin ear to ear, having 30-40 SU-25A’s (or more!) in a tight bomber-style formation (any altitude above 500 meters) dropping a big ol’ load on an airfield or other “designated area” iust to see the effect (bomb dispersal, crater pattern, etc)