Mufasa

Different style aircraft  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Different style aircraft

• yes to all
    • no to all
    • only the fixed wing
    • only the ones that carry weapons

I curious why Eagle Dynamics has not incorporated aircraft like the F-4 Phantom or the S-3 Viking, maybe even the A-6 Intruder or the SH-3 Sea King or the E-2 Hawkeye? It has skipped an entire era and went to Korea and then WWII but what about Vietnam and Desert Storm and the battles we had in the 80's and 90's before 911.

I mean no disrespect, but those aircraft were the bomb. I worked on the flight deck of the USS Ranger in the 80's and 90's and armed the weapons on all theses planes with the exception of the phantom, and man it was awesome to see them go off the end of the ship and come back empty.

{I know some of you will be critical so let me point out the Hawkeye does not carry weapons and the Sea King was soon replaced by the MH-60 Sea Hawk which could carry two MK-50 Torpedo's on each side. It had a dual role, search and rescue along with sub hunting.}

Anyway my opinion.

Edited by Mufasa

Meanwhile a F-4E Block 43 coming after F-16CM Block 50, no carrier F-4B/J has planned by ED or 3rd parties yet. Heatblur has "pursuit" build a A-6 module in a future and has building Forrestal class carrier class ships, surelly appears after ED release Nimitz class ship module on progress. About a SH-3 and E-2 modules, no plans about them by ED or 3rd parties.

For a SH-3 module ED need build ASW (Anti Submarine Warfare) environment, with sonobouis guided torpedoes, depth charges, sonar engine, submarine damage model and more. Has some "clues" about movements on submarine implement on ED, but waiting news about them.

Meanwhile a F-4E Block 43 coming after F-16CM Block 50, no carrier F-4B/J has planned by ED or 3rd parties yet. Heatblur has "pursuit" build a A-6 module in a future and has building Forrestal class carrier class ships, surelly appears after ED release Nimitz class ship module on progress. About a SH-3 and E-2 modules, no plans about them by ED or 3rd parties.

For a SH-3 module ED need build ASW (Anti Submarine Warfare) environment, with sonobouis guided torpedoes, depth charges, sonar engine, submarine damage model and more. Has some "clues" about movements on submarine implement on ED, but waiting news about them.

Any idea what the block43 F4E in service dates were. All I can find is that at block 43 it got a better RWR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For the same reason anything else has/hasn't. Because they can't do everything at once. The base Caucasus game is also set in 2008, not 1972, so why would they emphasise aircraft from the VW?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I curious why Eagle Dynamics has not incorporated aircraft like the F-4 Phantom or the S-3 Viking, maybe even the A-6 Intruder or the SH-3 Sea King or the E-2 Hawkeye?

I'd say the easy answer to that is... a lot more people are going to purchase a Hornet or Viper than something like an S-3 or E-2. Especially given the complexity of the systems involved in those aircraft and the time and resources their development would require, it's just economics.

We all have a tonne of aircraft we'd love to see (Tornado and Apache for me!) but it's a commercial decision for ED at the end of the day. The 18 and 16 have been very solid choices I'd say.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR