VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Stenji any other mods? Vaicom might not be the only thing that was giving the stuck at 10% after 2.5.6 got out. Vaicom was updated but other mods probably have not been.

WADR, Vaicom is the only app causing this. It's the only app we reset, we run repair, we get things running, and then it falls to crap. Vaicom is the common denominator in this issue. Whether it's Vaicom or Voice Attack - it's all the same where this issue is concerned, at least for those using both. So how about we focus on that. DCS OB runs fine when Voice Attack is never started. That pretty much says it all. I, for one, don't have any mods.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Wolf,

When it hangs, what error messages do you get in the DCS log file?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

WADR, Vaicom is the only app causing this. It's the only app we reset, we run repair, we get things running, and then it falls to crap. Vaicom is the common denominator in this issue. Whether it's Vaicom or Voice Attack - it's all the same where this issue is concerned, at least for those using both. So how about we focus on that. DCS OB runs fine when Voice Attack is never started. That pretty much says it all. I, for one, don't have any mods.

Ok then, Just trying to help. I for once find it strange. I got like everyone got the hang at 10% when DCS got updated to 2.5.6. But after Vaicom was updated it has been working like a charm for me and obviously others. The problem as much as I and others could tell was specifically caused by vaicom's altering of gameMessages.lua in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\

PS. This has been mentioned a lot of times, but make sure you check the "OB" checkbox in Vaicom's Config Tab Right at the end of "Use custom DCS Path" line.

Edited by lxsapper

Hi all,

I reverted DCS OB to 2.5.5.41962 for VR performance reasons, VAICOM pro 2.5.16 is working BUT I lost ONScreen messages (subtitles for voices over like Wags in A10C instant action easy mission). Another weird thing when I launch a mission there's no more the briefing screen with the Fly button : I need to ESC and RESUME to get the pause off.

So, is it safe to revert VAICOM to 2.5.15 by just replacing the dll ? Will I lose all my trained speech ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi, i've read all of your comments but still stuck at 10%

I'm completely lost now

Can i send my log file here?

Don't want to reinstall everything but seems a solution now..

Very frustrating

PS : I have the updater utility but don't find another way to repair DCS.

Is there another method? Very strange

@lxsapper Ok thanks for clarifying.

@Nanolab There is Preferences setting to hide on-screen messages, check that it is not selected.

Speech training data is not lost unless you'd completely re-install MS Windows.

@Trollray There is a specific DCS Repair item in Windows Start menu.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@waitscat I had no idea Vaicom's manual had that. I gess I never paid attention to that section. But you are right it's there and it's an error. I have no idea how the commands worked back in 2017, I wasn't using Vaicom back then.

@waistcat the correct command to use is Playtime 5-60 Minutes, Reference Tables page 55 - JTAC section.

@Chris-NO Map Markers for Multiplayer is under review for next AIRIO update.

Thanks fellas, it works flawlessly using just ‘playtime’ It just needs a tweak in the JTAC flow page to remove ‘checking in’ as I see it and all would be good. But it looks like there are more pressing issues right now!

Waistcat

i7 7700 @ 4.7GHz--GTX1080ti--Samsung SSD 500GB--32 gigs of RAM--TH Warthog--Crosswinds rudder--HP Reverb--Dedicated Sim room.

@Nanolab There is Preferences setting to hide on-screen messages, check that it is not selected.

Speech training data is not lost unless you'd completely re-install MS Windows.

Thanks,

First HideOnscreen messages was unticked, I tried to tick/untick to "force" the option but to no good...

So I disabled AutoUpdate of Vaicom, delete the export.lua file and replace the 2.5.16 Vaicom DLL by the 2.5.15 version, did a DCS repair then all was good to go.... Onscreen messages were back as well as subtitles !

Now playing while waiting for a VR friendly version of DCS 2.5.6....

Hi, thanks @hollywood 315

I've find the problem i think (looks to work normaly but need some testings. )

Problem was that the export file in saved game stuff was the one of dcs and i must replace it with the vaicompro.export one.

Do'nt remember had to change it but that's a long way till i don't have installed vaicom pro.

Till now, it has worked perfectly.

If i'm not coming back here, that's because it work and i fly lol ;)

Thanks ;)

Ok then, Just trying to help. I for once find it strange. I got like everyone got the hang at 10% when DCS got updated to 2.5.6. But after Vaicom was updated it has been working like a charm for me and obviously others. The problem as much as I and others could tell was specifically caused by vaicom's altering of gameMessages.lua in ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Scripts\UI\

PS. This has been mentioned a lot of times, but make sure you check the "OB" checkbox in Vaicom's Config Tab Right at the end of "Use custom DCS Path" line.

True, it was probably mentioned a million times, but YOUR mention of it finally clicked in my dense brain. That worked! Thanks buddy.

Now, I am not getting any voice responses. The text come up on the screen just fine. I'll read back through some of the entries to see if the fix has already been posted.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

True, it was probably mentioned a million times, but YOUR mention of it finally clicked in my dense brain. That worked! Thanks buddy.

Now, I am not getting any voice responses. The text come up on the screen just fine. I'll read back through some of the entries to see if the fix has already been posted.

I'm also not getting any voice responses, just text only. Everything else sems to be working fine.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Thanks for updating guys.

@Wolf333 make sure to switch off Redirect on the plugin Audio tab.

For comms audio redirecting use DCS's audio page.

Thanks, that fixed it everything is good now!:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hi, all seems to work better now but still having an issue.

No sounds from voice attack or vaicom plugin.

My messages are well directed and i receive the answer from ground crew for exemple.

I can't hear any bip from voice attack and no chatter.

But it looks like it was working.

I've check my audio config of voice attack and in DCS.

Any idea? ;)

Cheers

Thanks for updating guys.

@Wolf333 make sure to switch off Redirect on the plugin Audio tab.

For comms audio redirecting use DCS's audio page.

And this actually sounds better.

Ok buddy, thanks to your hint I am able to make dcs 2.5.6 running along Vaicom Pro but the mod cannot see my F/A-18C so the PTT tab reaminds with #4 dashes and the Easy Communication:ON below them. How come?

@Hollywood_315 small bug, the AWACS (callsign Magic for example) replies as "Magic 1-1" instead of "Magic".

Cheers

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ok buddy, thanks to your hint I am able to make dcs 2.5.6 running along Vaicom Pro but the mod cannot see my F/A-18C so the PTT tab reaminds with #4 dashes and the Easy Communication:ON below them. How come?

I'm an F-18 driver as well. Make sure the OB box is checked in Vaiccom config custom dcs path, turn off the redirect, then go to dcs audio and set up in the headphone/default settings. You may have to do a repair, but it should take care of it all.

Hi Hollywood.

Is there a way with the new version to contact ATC without saying "Nearest airfield"?

In previous VAICOM versions I could just say "Inbound" in the proper freq and it worked that way.

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi Hollywood.

Is there a way with the new version to contact ATC without saying "Nearest airfield"?

In previous VAICOM versions I could just say "Inbound" in the proper freq and it worked that way.

Thanks.

You don't have to say nearest airfield you can say the actual name of the airfield. But as far as I can't tell eighter by bug or by feature, just saying inbound doesn't guarantee a call to the proper ATC you want to contact anymore.

You don't have to say nearest airfield you can say the actual name of the airfield. But as far as I can't tell eighter by bug or by feature, just saying inbound doesn't guarantee a call to the proper ATC you want to contact anymore.

Yes, I know.. That's only because my english is poor, and usually is better for the recognition engine if I say that instead of the actual airbase name :lol:

There's been no change in this area.

You can just call inbound and if your radio is tuned correctly, in range etc. you'll get an ATC response.

For Easy Comms On you can enable Instant Select in Preferences.

Ok.. then something got wrong on my end, because now I never get I response when saying "inbound", and it works perfect when adding "nearest airfield" before (Easy Comms Off). Doesn't matter anyway.. no problem with that and it is even more realistic. Thanks!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat