TGP question

Eagle7907

I know there’s lots of frustration brewing, and I think I can understand why. It relates to my question, and hopefully it could calm some nerves.

I’m a bit confused as to why it has taken this long to develop the TGP for the Hornet, which is exactly the same as what’s on the warthog. Yes, I know, you can’t just copy and paste. I get it. But hear me out. The pod on the Harrier was developed rather quickly if I recall. They had it functional within a year of release. So my question is why? Granted priority’s don’t match, but still raises suspicion. I’m not a hardcore demanding person on here. It’s a game. Things take time, but confusion does seem to be a common thing in this forum. (To be honest, there are other developers for other types of games way worse) I think the statement of the June release was a mistake, also the confidence of an engineer was even a bigger setback as well.

I think ED is doing good and is working hard. They are not just taking our money and running off to Las Vegas. But saying one thing then being “covertly” about it next really doesn’t help with the open communication.

Granted, I’m sure I’ll get flamed and ridiculed. I really don’t care. I’m doing this for the benefit of everyone and to help calm the tempers.

You only live once. Enjoy what you have. If you can’t, then move on to something else.

There are lots of great, enthusiastic, strong-hearted people that love this product. That’s clear. It doesn’t mean we hate ED. It just means they are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Some things that come in my mind to this...

The Harrier is from a 3rd Party, not ED themself. So they cant take it that easy or without to give some money for the code.

The Litening wasn't even planned for the Hornet at first. Later down the road the Pod was accepted for "Marine Hornet", while Navy don't use them.

Even later (as I recall) the priority was changed to the TGP (before it was planned for later) , even than our man had to finish his project that was ongoing.

Now to the develop problems (bugs / not finished in time) we all know from Games, it comes to Summer, so people are on vacations and stuff.

We will see the TGP soon. But it's done when it's done.

Edit: No offense at all! I'm also waiting for it on the ramp.

Edited by Rescue

I don't know how complex tgp is to develop but this situation is getting ridiculous.

There are many posts from impatient guys complaining about progress of the F18(Forum or FB page). And there is always a reply saying that "Early Access is not for you". Each post regarding TGP ends with "little war".

ED should give us a statement soon (I'm sure they will) answering questions like yours and many others to end this Hype(mad)train.

No offense, just my thoughts.

Bitching about it doesn't really help. Its delayed cuz its delayed and we don't know exactly why. At a guess it will work about how it does on the harrier rather than the A10. And Maaaybe they are updating it for the A10 too... Or at least the 3D model got updated.

At the end of the day its done when its done. Its not like they aren't continuing to fix other things in the meantime.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's in internal testing.

It's delayed because they are still finding bugs.

Your options are:

A: Get a buggy component, which will result in many post about said bugs.

B: Wait for them to resolve the bugs they find in internal testing, so that you can get a component to test in open beta and let them know about the bugs they didn't identify.

Personally, I'd opt for B.

And I'd wager very little of the code from the Lightning pod can really be used on the F-18. Completely different systems to wire up than the A-10C. Faster than from scratch, but only because of a blueprint and less research needed.

• ED Team

Originally the ATFLIR was going to be the only pod for the Hornet, as we researched and built the design doc for it, we realized it would be a long wait, longer than the wait we are in now for a TPG for the Hornet, the decision was to add the Litening, so again, the normal steps need to be taken, research, build a design doc, then have the manpower to get it done.

The Pod on the outside might look like others, but how it ties into the Hornet, what options there are and how it functions for the Hornet are very unique. The code from the A-10 which is quite old now probably wouldn't be able to be copied and pasted in, even if they functioned identically.

Remember its not just the TGP, but how it interacts with all required systems, I know its frustrating, but on the other hand, this is what it is to get in so early on a module, its not for the meek, its a long road, it can be bumpy, and while we appreciate all those that have given their own time to report bugs and help us along, we can't have a new thread every week getting mad why this or that isn't in yet, if it isn't in yet, it means its not ready, its a simple thing, no matter how much we scream to the stars that we want the TGP or other feature, it requires hard work and long hours to get done.

So you need to be patient, and opening new threads each week asking about it won't help.

I know there’s lots of frustration brewing, and I think I can understand why. It relates to my question, and hopefully it could calm some nerves.

I’m a bit confused as to why it has taken this long to develop the TGP for the Hornet, which is exactly the same as what’s on the warthog. Yes, I know, you can’t just copy and paste. I get it. But hear me out. The pod on the Harrier was developed rather quickly if I recall. They had it functional within a year of release. So my question is why? Granted priority’s don’t match, but still raises suspicion. I’m not a hardcore demanding person on here. It’s a game. Things take time, but confusion does seem to be a common thing in this forum. (To be honest, there are other developers for other types of games way worse) I think the statement of the June release was a mistake, also the confidence of an engineer was even a bigger setback as well.

I think ED is doing good and is working hard. They are not just taking our money and running off to Las Vegas. But saying one thing then being “covertly” about it next really doesn’t help with the open communication.

Granted, I’m sure I’ll get flamed and ridiculed. I really don’t care. I’m doing this for the benefit of everyone and to help calm the tempers.

You only live once. Enjoy what you have. If you can’t, then move on to something else.

There are lots of great, enthusiastic, strong-hearted people that love this product. That’s clear. It doesn’t mean we hate ED. It just means they are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png