[REQUESTED]Su27 datalink not working with clients

Frostie

Little info Su 27 datalink!

attachment.php?attachmentid=208281&stc=1&d=1554808561

attachment.php?attachmentid=208282&stc=1&d=1554808561

C2 center "Universal-1E" or "Krym-KE" sends data either directly to up to 10 interceptors (probably only coordinates as it is indicated in Su-27SK flight manual that the K-DlAE/K-DlUE datalink receivers/transmitters only receive/send coordinates, though newer system S-108, installed on Su-35, might differ), either to Fighter Regiment HQ (C2 post "Vertikal-E" or "Rubezh-ME"), which echanges data with airport C2 post "Servis-E" which links to "Gorizont-E" observation post and only then to 6-12 fighters.

Also, according to the aforementioned flight manual K-DlAE allows a network of 4 groups of up to 4 fighters. This isn't as advance as Link 16, for instance, but given its capability to receive ground data it might improve the interception quality.

Earlier (introduced in 1962) system "Vozdukh-1" (datalink called "Lazur'") could transmit from a ground station the heading toward target and target altitude to MiG-21 and later MiG-25 interceptors, and was linked even to autopilot (!) which allowed ground stations to control planes directly.

So, in general, it would be nice if that was implemented, at least. All the links I've posted are in Russian, as this subject doesn't seem to be popular abroad.

Data about K-DlAE can be found here:

http://www.radioscanner.ru/trx/military/k-dlae_ye/

http://www.cqham.ru/trx/k_dl.html

In the upper right corner of the picture - the connection to A-50 AWACS planes (up to three). So it allows for proper situational awareness, even despite using SAM C2 station as an intermediate.

Also, forgot to mention, the Su-27 datalink doesn't have a name (unlike previous Lazur' "datalink"), in documents it's just referred as TLK (TeLeKodirovannaya Svyaz' - Telecoded Connection). In case you need ingame number of channels, the Su-27SK's K-DlAE uses 20 channels for this datalink (screenshot from avionics documentation included below).

Also, the manufacturer of said datalink equipment indicates that this system is installed on MiG-29SMTs, Su-30s, probably on Su-34, however for latter it might be the S-108, currently installed on Su-35 and, supposedly, on PAK FA prototypes, the T-50s.

And a small note, regarding the database names: "T" index is for Sukhoi's prototypes (T-10 became Su-27, for example), so T-50 is the name of the prototype, the resulting plane in serial production will be called PAK FA (perspective front aviation complex) or given a proper Su index (probably 41, since others before are occupied).

1.jpg.546ca3faa91fa87e51cffac30a83cdfe.jpg

2.jpg.85ee248b1bf02576c8bb932b0471c164.jpg

• Like 1

1227819976.05.jpg

So something similar, Su-27S receiving a datalink from GCI, SAM network (that transmit it to GCI) and then from other flight members as from AWACS.

A fairly complete picture one can get, but I recall it was refresh in 10 seconds from the SAM network.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 weeks later...

The SAM network is quite clearly not transmitting anything to Aircraft. It appears that the data comes from A-50 and any big search radars, all of which communicate with each other and then transmit their data to the SAM network.

Edit: Maybe it is, the symbology has these red triangles which are transmitting to aircraft.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The SAM network is quite clearly not transmitting anything to Aircraft. It appears that the data comes from A-50 and any big search radars, all of which communicate with each other and then transmit their data to the SAM network.

Edit: Maybe it is, the symbology has these red triangles which are transmitting to aircraft.

IDK about the Russian SAMs, but the HAWK on the US side does.

+1 on the MP Datalink missing feature

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will implement it for MAC if enough of any newer crowd complains and it'll filter down to DCS because I highly doubt they're going to do anything with it otherwise after 4-5 years.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I wants datalinks and IADS for all the things! (well that had them IRL anyway).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ok, probably unpopular opinion, but remember that the Ka-50 has a limit of 4 birds per flight. And if I remember correctly, and when talking of the older Su-27 models, a group of 4 fighters linked through Su-30s to form a group of 16 + 4 fighters (4 flights of 4 Su-27s through 4 Su-30s). The TKS-2/R-098 IFDL, IIRC, came much later and even that was limited to sharing between 16 fighters.

We ask for datalink for FC3 birds but we are missing a lot of important features such as own ID, frequencies etc. It would be a mess with a "simplified" implementation so ED probably just stuck with AWACS / GCI.

And, just to clarify I have been an Su-33 flier since LOMAC. While I see and understand the limitations, there's also what's realistic, and practically achievable within the sim.

I think the aircraft can already be put into different flights for the datalink groups in the editor.

A better solution for the datalink groups is to add a simple option to the #-menu, so that each player can assign his plane to the group he wants to.

Yesterday I was playing with editor and I noticed we can set as clients the wingman’s of the group itself. Did you test the Datalink setting all wingman’s as client??? Maybe this is key

First thing I did when this became an option, no joy back then. This is the reason it was brought up because having clients in a flight was what we hoped would make datalink work in multiplayer.

Haven't tried it again in a while though, maybe something could have changed. :joystick:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

@discwalker ... Copy that mate, and I understood that. I was unaware that MP clients could be added to the same flight. Earlier, each client was a separate flight in itself, so it kinda made sense that the DL wasn't working. Guess ED would need to implement changing radio frequencies before they add the DL to the FC3 Russian birds.

MP tested with 2.5.5.33184

The highest datalink functionality between clients is the own number.

To my buddy Su-33 #2 the own number was shown as 2.

No wingman positions advertised through datalink.

No enemy radar contacts advertised through datalink.

But

When I choose an airstart leader with 3 AI wingmen, datalink working as in single player.

My AI wingmans positions shows always.

And when I commanded to turn on radars enemy contacts sent to my screen via datalink.

flankers-between_flight_datalink_test.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• 7 months later...
Yup been that way for years if not forever

Forever. Was never implemented for online play. So technically not a bug. Simply an un-added feature.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It was said to work in multiplayer once the ability to add planes to flights was added. So it is a bug, because it does not work as it should.

The Su-27 has never had peer-to-peer implemented, regardless of what you’ve heard. Other aircraft had. The Sukhois have not.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I love the self defeating attuite of the community...

who are we to say if it is or isn't a bug...

ours is only to say "ED fix that, it means a lot to us"

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery