[REPORTED] Ka-50 Current Cockpit/Light Issues

NineLine

• ED Team

Hey all,

Can you all please list here the major issues you are seeing with the cockpit and lighting with the Ka-50, while most of these issues I believe will be fixed with the cockpit and external model, I want to make sure they are all listed to check with the team internally.

So if you regular fliers don't mind, please list the bugs you see, please stay on topic and no feature requests.

Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This might border on request, but many of the switches are toggles, vs having the option to bind it as a switch for home cockpits.

~Bailey

Yah, more "on/off" options, less toggles.

EDIT: oops, sorry if that qualifies as a wish.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Autopilot lights are reversed. Someone said there was another cockpit light that had a problem, but I can't remember what it was. Can't check right now, cause video card is out.

Edited by 3WA

The status lights on other push buttons (e.g. on the PVI-800 navigation panel) also don't really light up or have reversed lighting. Just like the AP button lights.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The night attack of this Helicopter have been broken completely. also the illumination Rockets behave weird, ones lighting keep falling like non umbrella exist on it ( this is not a light bug… of Ka-50 itself ). I was explaining how to do the night attack with illumination rockets in another thread and now I found it that the whole light system is all trash. I don't understand what have to do a simple bug with a massive malfunction in lights illumination whatever. does not matter how many illumination rockets have the target on it, is just impossible see it in the targeting display and then the rockets go down like bullets. what kind of bug are those?

I mean can we flight this module in a decent quality?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here are a few I can think of right now:

- cockpit shadows have holes

(cockpit 3D model has no polygons facing outwards in order to cast shadows)

- illumination on most buttons is broken. AP channels, Datalink, PVI

- light from the Shkval bleeds into the HUD, despite the glareshield. Especially bad with NVGs

- the ABRIS brightness knob changes opacity of every individual "MAP layer" (over a black background), not actually adjusting the brightness of the display

- the rotating anti-collision light illuminates the cockpit

(should never illuminate the cockpit because of its position, just ignore for cockpit light calculation; same with all other own external lights)

- illumination rockets don't illuminate

We're all eager to see how "Black Shark 3" is coming along. After 10 years this is really exciting.

Edited by fudabidu

The night attack of this Helicopter have been broken completely. also the illumination Rockets behave weird, ones lighting keep falling like non umbrella exist on it ( this is not a light bug… of Ka-50 itself ). I was explaining how to do the night attack with illumination rockets in another thread and now I found it that the whole light system is all trash. I don't understand what have to do a simple bug with a massive malfunction in lights illumination whatever. does not matter how many illumination rockets have the target on it, is just impossible see it in the targeting display and then the rockets go down like bullets. what kind of bug are those?

I mean can we flight this module in a decent quality?

Just went & tried, and I think you're getting yourself a little worked up...

1/ It's not a night attack helicopter. That's why they made a specific night attack variant.

2/ The rocket part of the illumination rockets do work, the flares do light, the flares do descend on parachutes after lighting all the way to the ground (both while lit and after going out - left part of image & centre), The rockets do illuminate the ground (compare middle image, where you can see the ground, forest, trees and road, with the right image where you can't), they're just not as good as they were / perhaps should be.

3/ The rockets aren't part of the Ka-50 module anyway.

There's a lighting bug - that's why there's a thread asking for all the lighting bugs to be listed.

The bug is - S-8OM-LE flares don't illuminate the terrain correctly...

attachment.php?attachmentid=213573&stc=1&d=1562828379

Candles.thumb.PNG.411bb17cef6e24c617027558c77cf337.PNG

Cheers.

Turning on the spotlights, they somehow brilliantly illuminate the interior of the cockpit in an unrealistic fashion.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Left console push buttons such as auto turn to target don't light up at all.

Instrument lighting dial is either full on or off.

I will look into the module more when i get time but those two were the obvious for me apart from whats already mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the button toggle lighting is reversed on the right, not working on the left, and dials don't light correctly.

Edited by Reticuli

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Landing gear indicators are not visible at night

I understand ED is working on a new cockpit for the Kamov.

I would like to call your attention to the fact that some lights in the cockpit are not visible at night.

An example are the landing gear indicators.

When the landing gear is retracted, the red lights are not seen.

Lights/indicators at the "Targeting mode control panel" are not working properly.

The lights/indicators at the "Targeting mode control panel" are not working properly.

During the day these lights can barely be seen and appear lit when they are off and appear off when they are lit.

So, they are showing the opposite state they are really in, if they can be seen at all.

During the night they are not visible at all, which is even worse.

1)

2) The fuel pump switches can all be turned off but fuel keeps flowing

According to the manual chapter 6-54 that's correct behavior since the running engines can be supplied by suction. Only for engine and APU starting it's mandatory to have the fuel pumps running. Yet it's highly recommended to keep them on during all phases of flight.

Sorry for OT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

the little fin in front of the cockpit glass which is way above the collision light get illuminated by it (Impossible IRL). also the little wind fins on the pitot tube shouldn't be lit as well.

20191007133644-1.jpg

Below you see the position of the collision light doesn't make in able to illuminate the pitot tube. as you can see below.

Collision-light-and-pitot-tube.jpg

Edited by Murey2