Skins Issue

andrewd251

is there any way to fix the way some user skins are displayed, there seems to be an issue with a lot of them not showing correctly. a similar issue with the Huey and mi 8 skins can be solved by changing some of the file names, is this possible with the sabre.

Nope. The usermade skins, if they seem like there's a ghosting effect of another paint behind the one you're using that is a default USAF, it's because the Sabre went from using SPEC files to RoughMets in the last update. This is.actually really great and kudos to ED for doing it. But the drawback is that if the usermade skins used a custom SPEC file they will need to be updated to use a custom RoughMet. I'm in the process of updating mine but it's a time consuming process. It doesn't just switch over. So For my paints, I'm taking the opportunity to make updates to them while I work through the list. Others would need to do similar to their paints. I have 3 done so.far.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Thanks Rick, just chip away at them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Love the ripples and textured panels. Good job!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

I'm devastated!! None of my SAAF skins are any good. Please point me in the direction of what I need to learn to fix this problem. I do not want to be a skin artist, just want to fix the skin issue.

:helpsmilie:

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Akatsuki,

If there's only one you could have (not a demonstration team paint) which would it be? No promises, but I'm interested.

Awesome!

8th Squadron. Later Sabre were painted in grey and i could not find pictures of 8th sq in bare metal, so, here's a pic of a model kit. That scheme would be nice.

Also added a close up of the squadron emblem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213156&stc=1&d=1562264645

attachment.php?attachmentid=213157&stc=1&d=1562264645

f-86f-jasdf-12.thumb.jpg.2dfd6ab00edf0a2d59efd1323357504d.jpg

8tfs.jpg.9ac17deb21f833174a79468d04ba769e.jpg

Cool. Thanks for the pointer. I

Windows 10 Home 64bit

This is what the SAAF skin looked like with the spec file. Will there be a marked improvement in appearance with roughmet?

Is the default Sabre skin roughmet?

That one looks like there is oil leaking from all the seams, or am I missing the point.:smilewink:

FB_IMG_1562337057952.thumb.jpg.774b68b9a66c761217e43ec7638b1d3a.jpg

Windows 10 Home 64bit

I'll be updating all my paints. Including both SAAF paints. You don't have a choice in not using the RoughMet. Unless you don't upgrade to DCS v2.5.5. my goal is make it look close to my old ones and improve anything I can along the way, since I'm using custom RoughMet textures. Coloring must be changed slighy to get the correct appearance compared to the SPEC files.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Thanks 000rick000,

I cant wait. I hope the other SAAF skins I have will also be updated. I take a lot of Sabre and Mustang SAAF pics and post them for the ex F86 and P51 pilots who served in the SAAF. Not too many left now.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

In a maybe related question... does anyone know why the MiG-15 would be doing this after ejection? I am getting weird fractal ray like patterns from the cockpit after the canopy is jettisoned. External view of AI planes. Was fine before update that included rough met skins. The rays move around front and back kind of in a conical pattern from the one splinter point. Maybe it's my nVidia set up and game graphics settings but it looks like something in the Open Beta engine. I didn't change anything in my settings that I recall. Not sure if it happens with other models but maybe so. Like the Dora. AI Sabres may do it too.

549379092_migfractal.thumb.png.40c754dacfbf8ae1b6c45d6520e4f664.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Malaysian Skin

Hi Guys. I've come across this issue too especially with the MiG-15. Both jets got their textures updated. If anyones interested, this motivated me to make my first livery for the F-86: Malaysian Air Force. It's up to 2.5.5 standard and coming soon to userfiles.

Screen_190714_192853.thumb.png.c9cf96cc5c6938ee31c1f2dd8d6cac11.png

• 3 months later...

Guys! 000rick000 first skin pack is live under DCS downloads-user files. Thank you Rick!

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could anyone point me to some instructions on how to update a livery to roughmet, would be interested in updating the Matova Livery from the Relic campaign.

| Callsign - NOMAD | i7-8700K Water Cooled | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Nvidia GTX 1080 TI Water Cooled | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II | Virpil MongoosT-50CM Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals |TrackIR Pro 5 |

Unfortunately, I think the author of the skin would have to update it to the roughmet version. I believe it would be Apache600 or whoever did the Matova skin for him.

I would also like the skin to be updated too, as I think this is an awesome campaign. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

It would appear that the latest update today shows that the skin was updated, is anyone else still getting the ghosting effect on this livery?

| Callsign - NOMAD | i7-8700K Water Cooled | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Nvidia GTX 1080 TI Water Cooled | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II | Virpil MongoosT-50CM Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals |TrackIR Pro 5 |