[REPORTED]Still get civ traffic even though set to off

imacken

I'm still getting civ traffic in certain missions even though I have it switched off.

Noticed a lot on the roads to the east of Batumi during Hornet takeoff training mission.

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

mission designer can "force" it on in ME, so this might be the case here.

that being said, with 2.5 i thought i would have noticed dcs not respecting the traffic settings inforced in ME. i did not investigate this further though, so maybe there is sth. wrong with civ traffic atm...

mission designer can "force" it on in ME, so this might be the case here.

that being said, with 2.5 i thought i would have noticed dcs not respecting the traffic settings inforced in ME. i did not investigate this further though, so maybe there is sth. wrong with civ traffic atm...

There is. Forcing it through the ME makes no difference either. Both that setting and the general game setting is completely ignored at the moment.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

There is. Forcing it through the ME makes no difference either. Both that setting and the general game setting is completely ignored at the moment.

ok. thx. good to know.

if this bug isn't already reported, it might make sense to rename the thread to sth. appropriate like "civ traffic settings have no effect" or similar...

Same thing happens with some other options, such as Tooltips: forcing them OFF in both the server options and the mission is not a guarantee that they will indeed be off.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Same thing happens with some other options, such as Tooltips: forcing them OFF in both the server options and the mission is not a guarantee that they will indeed be off.

Dead right, and that is really annoying. In VR, sometimes the tooltips obscure the instrument reading, and, as you say, they are still there even though switched off in the main settings.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks Bignewy. Does that apply to the Tooltips situation as well?

In VR, sometimes the tooltips obscure the instrument reading

Exactly! Here in VNAO I made a name for myself by complaining each and every training night that those bloody tooltips were forced upon me...

This is a bug and has been reported already

Cheers. In case it helps with fixing this:

I found that those settings are only taking effect reliably if they are cloned on the machine that saves the mission where they are forced either on or off:

- If someone makes changes to a mission and sets Tooltips to forced OFF in that mission, but has them turned on in their own personal settings, they will be ON when that mission is put on a server, even when the server's setting is OFF;

- If someone who has tooltips set to OFF in their own settings saves the same mission with Tooltips turned OFF and puts that mission on the server, they will indeed be OFF.

Also, it often takes un-ticking and re-ticking of that option for it to take effect.

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I found that those settings are only taking effect reliably if they are cloned on the machine that saves the mission where they are forced either on or off:

- If someone makes changes to a mission and sets Tooltips to forced OFF in that mission, but has them turned on in their own personal settings, they will be ON when that mission is put on a server, even when the server's setting is OFF;

- If someone who has tooltips set to OFF in their own settings saves the same mission with Tooltips turned OFF and puts that mission on the server, they will indeed be OFF.

Also, it often takes un-ticking and re-ticking of that option for it to take effect.

Happens in stock ED IA or Training Missions without any interventions by user in ME.