[REPORTED]FPS sometimes hit hard while in a F/A-18 C

Lange_666

While flying around in the Hornet i noticed that the game sometimes stuttered slightly in the same way as it would do when the FPS dives below the VSync threshold.

So i took the FPS counter at hand and yes, my assumption was correct. So i did comparison test between the F/A-18C and the A-10C.

Created a test mission, landing at Kutaisi and then after landing taxi to the end of the runway and there turn left, taxi halfway, stop and look left.

The mission contains nothing but one non-loaded aircraft and for the rest plain DCS World, no extra objects. The difference between the two is the object count for the same mission, same world, only different aircraft.

A-10C Landing: FPS = 143

17LNSGD.png

F/A-18C Landing: FPS = 124 (so a difference of around 20, object count in this view is +/- the same).

DUuS3ML.png

A-10C Taxi: FPS = 124 (the object count here is around 400).

yLkfQ6q.png

If i look forward, the FPS still sits around the same 124.

F/A-18C Taxi: FPS = 56 !!! (the FPS drops right to below 60, if you wait a bit the object in this spot goes up to 1800 !!!

so the difference is the object count which has a hugh impact on FPS, the difference between sitting in the A-10C or the F/A-18C is almost 70!!!)

ODHTO2g.png

If i look forward here, the FPS rises up to around 72.

Now, in the images before touching the ground the difference is only +/- 20 FPS, however once landed the difference goes up to +70 for the same spot.

Why?

Settings:

hRMqyZL.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Seconded! I noticed this same phenomenon and posted a thread about it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220263

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I have experienced similar in the past, but wasnt tied to the Hornet. Ive had it happen in the Viggen too. Doesnt happen every time either for me. Happened to a friend of mine too.

And after a rearm/refuel and taking off, fps would be normal again.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ffs moved to game performance again?!!! This is a hornet issue only for me.:mad:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The scenario described by Lange_666 is known for me every time I land in Novorossiysk for rearming and refueling. Recently I got new rig and every single module (exept Mig-21) runs really nicely in VR. I hoped to see some improvement regarding to FPS drops and stutters I experience after landing the Hornet but, the problem seems to be more related to game code as I see. Just to let you know, the game in VR becomes almost unplayable after landing.

P.S. Thread should be moved to F-18C Hornet section not A-10C...

Edited by yogipol

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Ffs moved to game performance again?!!! This is a hornet issue only for me.:mad:

LOL yeah they moved it to the A-10C performance. LOL.

Clearly didn't read the post because there's nothing wrong with the A-10C.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

ADMIN please stick this back into the F-18 BUGS FORUM. Its related to the F-18.

Proud owner of:

Bump - please move this back to the Hornet bug forum where it belongs.

Lange : I suggest you swap the order of the images so the Admin sees the Hornet cockpit first and doesn’t instantly assume it’s a Hog issue.

Proud owner of:

JFC I've been flying DCS for 700 hours at 19-24 FPS. Is it really that bad when your frames drop from 100+ to 50+ ?

VR is unplayable (headache and nausea inducing) under 45 FPS so when you are at about 60-70 on landing and then on touchdown it goes down to 20-30 then yes it’s bad.:puke:

Proud owner of:

Thanks to the mod who moved this back to the Hornet Bugs Forum!!! :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

Oh well, I see it's a serious issue. I've experienced the same FPS drops as Vitormouraa. Huge FPS drop with shadows turned on (only low, but still big performance impact). With literally everything set to low and off (because I didn't know what else I could do, unless I turned off the shadows), FPS around 50-60 on the ground in the Hornet of course, on vJAG aerobatic server. After take off back to 150-170FPS. Actually the same is still happening on single player. Also as we are still talking about FPS in the Hornet. Recently for unknown reason my RAM usage went from 5GBs to 10GBs, causing really unstable FPS going from 90 to 20 every 0.5 seconds. Then RAM went back to ~5GBs and everything was back to normal.

FPS Display

I am new here so pardon my ignorance.

Where/how is the (FPS) data displayed? Is this data displayed in real-time somewhere during flight?

Thanks!

HL

Windows 10 64 Bit - Asus 990FX Sabertooth MB - AMD FX8150 Black 8 Core CPU - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16 Gigabyte - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB HD - EVGA GEFORCE GTX-1070 - Corsair 1050 Gold PS - Vizio 43" 4K UHD Monitor - CH Fighter Stick - CH Pro Rudder Pedals - CH Pro Throttle

I am new here so pardon my ignorance.

Where/how is the (FPS) data displayed? Is this data displayed in real-time somewhere during flight?

Thanks!

HL

There is a command for it, i think its Ralt+Rshift+Pause. At least I have it mapped like that if I remember correct.

It displays in the upper left corner.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Hornet vs Hog - 30% drop in fps on Hormuz in VR

Guys, I have this basic mission attached. Two planes at the same location. A-10C gives me 80-90 fps while Hornet 50-60 only. That is about 30% drop in fps. I'm just wondering if anybody else has the same result. Can you try it? Any ideas why hornet is so much more fps hungry?

perf.miz

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

Yep, I’m not happy about Hornet performance in overall as well. I’m having a lot of stutters after landing on airstrips...and not a single word from ED if the issue well know or not.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Guys, I have this basic mission attached. Two planes at the same location. A-10C gives me 80-90 fps while Hornet 50-60 only. That is about 30% drop in fps. I'm just wondering if anybody else has the same result. Can you try it? Any ideas why hornet is so much more fps hungry?
If I am not mistaken the quality in both textures and polygon count on the Hornet Cockpit are far higher than the A10 which would probably be a big reason. Not sure if it's the only reason or not though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Might it also be an issue that we are comparing here a piece of software (A-10C) which was developed a decade ago against a fairly recent and ongoing development? The A-10C was built with the available hardware and technology in mind that was around at the beginning of this decade (or even slightly earlier). Hardware has evolved a bit in those ten years so I would expect you tend to build more performance-demanding software nowadays.

Yep, I’m not happy about Hornet performance in overall as well. I’m having a lot of stutters after landing on airstrips...and not a single word from ED if the issue well know or not.

We’ve already started reporting it here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224392

Proud owner of: