Who are the developers?

Xilon_x

I was not unpolite. If you want all those infos, you have to be a member of the inner circle.

Why should the company give customers such infos ?

I buy a product, not a membership.

Que tengas un buen dia

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I would like to understand if your product is sold or sold.

... still puzzled about that one... sold or sold. A very esoteric question indeed.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

if I buy a product later I want to know if others buy that product, or prefer to buy another product that goes louder. I simply wanted to have only this information as I am a buyer this information

Eagle dynamics will never release public market sales numbers.

So accept the fact it will never happen. Also if you like a product just buy it, there's enough people out there that have almost all modules.

g8PjVMw.png

if I buy a product later I want to know if others buy that product, or prefer to buy another product that goes louder. I simply wanted to have only this information as I am a buyer this information

The main issue I see with ALL your posts is you seem to be comparing ED and DCS exclusively to Star Citizen, which is a game that had customers directly fund every aspect of the game from start to finish and therefore the company behind the game is legally obligated to let the customer, who in this case are actually investors, know the financial progress of it. If star citizen fails then there are people out there who invested thousands in a product that either won't release or isn't finished. DCS is a finished product, if your "investment" in a 3rd party modules doesn't pan out the base game is unaffected, more modules will be released by other developers as well as ED and life will go on. That being said. You aren't an investor in Eagle Dynamics or The Fighter Collection, you don't hold a seat on their board and you aren't a part of either company in any way, They have no obligations to anyone other than delivering their products that we paid for. When you buy a module you don't become an investor in ED and you also aren't buying any additional information about the product or the company beyond the progress of the development.

The main issue I see with ALL your posts is you seem to be comparing ED and DCS exclusively to Star Citizen, which is a game that had customers directly fund every aspect of the game from start to finish and therefore the company behind the game is legally obligated to let the customer, who in this case are actually investors, know the financial progress of it. If star citizen fails then there are people out there who invested thousands in a product that either won't release or isn't finished. DCS is a finished product, if your "investment" in a 3rd party modules doesn't pan out the base game is unaffected, more modules will be released by other developers as well as ED and life will go on. That being said. You aren't an investor in Eagle Dynamics or The Fighter Collection, you don't hold a seat on their board and you aren't a part of either company in any way, They have no obligations to anyone other than delivering their products that we paid for. When you buy a module you don't become an investor in ED and you also aren't buying any additional information about the product or the company beyond the progress of the development.

ok thanks and everything is clear then you DCS have no obligations because the product is finished. clear sorry .... so the information that I requested remain only among the people of a certain circle.Thanks for clarification

Edited by Xilon_x

Yandex usually does a much better job Russian/English, based on my thousands of hours using it to supplement my own written words. Provided you use proper punctuation and avoid wordy sentences. Be straight and to the point, no flowery language.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

There are at least 6 other people who have bought DCS World products. How's that? Just a ballpark figure of course, but if it keeps you happy, I can publish weekly updates regarding the very widely estimated sales figures.

Happy now? :music_whistling: :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

if you compare the STAR CITIZEN team of developers there are more than 100 people. I think you should increase your development team so you will work better and faster.

I won't go into Star Citizen. Let's just say, they sold a dream. If it ever comes true, who knows.

As for Eagle Dynamics, I've been a customer for 8 years, and they've been in business long before that.

With this company, I have a pretty solid understanding of what kind of quality to expect from them. That's why I've purchased most modules even though I know full well I don't have nearly enough time to put them all to their paces.

Yeah, I'm sure with more money and more developers ED could do a better job. But I gotta say, getting to where they're at, with a fairly small team and limited resources, that's positively astonishing to say the least.

Ahhh I get it now - this is the Spanish Inquisition isn't it! :music_whistling: :music_whistling:

I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

Why not see registered members on this forum and there you can get estimation sale number.

And then you discover that there are quite a number of spam accounts. And lurkers. And people that came and have gone. And people that bought into DCS but never registered on the forum. There is a very weak correlation between the forum and sales numbers. Not a good idea overall.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

And then you discover that there are quite a number of spam accounts. And lurkers. And people that came and have gone. And people that bought into DCS but never registered on the forum. There is a very weak correlation between the forum and sales numbers. Not a good idea overall.

Did i type "estimation" correctly?

From Google translate

Estimation : a ROUGH calculation of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I estimate it I do so ---- if you go in the multiplayer window you will notice a peak that is around 500 players.tu you have to think that there are 500 users who buy a 60€ euro module that calculates that a player buys a module 60x500 = 30,000"€ euros ok, the modules are 30 then 30x30,000 = 900,000€ euros.

Edited by Xilon_x

Xilon, #1 multiplayer represents only a fraction of the population. The majority play offline. #2 that 500 is only one timezone at one instant. Extrapolated you're looking at at least a few thousand people playing online public servers, but a large percentage of that will be closed to public clan ops, too.

In total, I personally estimate the DCS population to be around 200,000 active members, which is based in part off comparisons to other ultra niche products like Eve Online. I expect with the surge in PR we're probably getting a surge in population, too, but many of these new people won't stay longterm.

It's widely acknowledged, via statements from ED reps, that Flaming Cliffs was/is their best selling module by far. Exact numbers are unknown, but nearly everybody has purchased it at some point. While interesting information, more detailed breakdowns are not available and most likely never will be as it would only give fuel to armchair developers and wouldbe marketers to stir up drama threads, something that already happens much more than is reasonable @@

Age of module is a factor to consider, too, btw, older modules obviously will have sold more than newer modules, they also tend to be the most complete and functionally stable.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

(I want to be very clear that I do not and have never worked with ED or on any DCS software, these comments are just genersl observations about software development that may or may not apply to ED)

1. More developers does not necessarily result in faster releases. Different people specialize in different parts of the project, and so sometimes you will have people sitting around waiting on one part to be finished before they can do their part. Additionally, bughunting and testing takes up a surprising amount of the development cycle. I'm not even talking about the sort of bugs that we see as customers, but the really big stuff like a feature not working as planned or not at all, due to some error deep in the code. Hunting down those bugs takes time, and sometimes it's just impossible to estimate how long it will take. More people working on code can actually result in more bugs, not less, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has ever tried to work on someone else's code.

2. Comparisons to Star Citizen are really not appropriate. DCS actually has much shorter development time than SC, which has been in developmemt since I think 2012, with a barely-playable alpha build to show for it. While it has a large budget, it has also clearly suffered from feature creep, and it serves as an excellent example of why software developers like to freeze features in stone at the beginning of the process, because changes during the process can increase delays exponentially. Star Citizen also sells ships that are as of yet unusable and will not be usable for years, compared to DCS waiting until at most 3 months before an aircraft's launch date before it goes on presale.

But there is another reason why SC should not be used as a benchmark for software development. While SC acts as though its contributors are "investors", they are not. They are customers and donors, not investors, and there is a massive difference. Investors are entitled to specific reports about a company's finances, sales forecasts, revenues, expenses, and other information. Star Citizen customers are treated as if they are "investors", but RSI and CIG (the development company and publisher) are under no obligation to release this information, or for ensuring the accuracy of any information that they release. The odds that the monetary information released so far is accurate and timely is pretty much nonexistent. Any information that they have released should be understood as a form of advertising, it has not and will not be vetted by any regulatory agency, and they will suffer no penalties if the information that they have released is false. It is not the same as the sort of information released by publicly-held companies, or by privately-held companies to their investors.

So this is the problem that Star Citizen poses to the industry: they pretend that their customers are investors, they release selective information to their customers, claiming that it is an accurate representation of sales and revenues, with no guarantees of accuracy, and they do this as a means of pretending to be "honest" to distract from their lack of releases. And this sets an unrealistic expectation that other companies should do the same, when in fact it is the opposite of how a software company should be acting. I am not saying that Star Citizen is necessarily doing anything illegal, but their actions are not those of a software company attempting to sell a product to customers.

I'd like to see who the official third-party DCS are and how they are distributed nationwide by country and understand if they are working. DCS what does it do to help the 3 parties and in contact and communication with them?

DCS if it has a third-party module can make it official or are there any problems? I am Italian and I would like to know if there is an Italian third-party team that works with DCS is there? exists?