Ground handling question

Reflected

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just looking for a good explanation. I can handle the 109 on the ground just fine using differential braking. The 190 however....as soon as I genty tap one of the brakes it wants to veer left or right like crazy, then I tap the other one and it veers to the other side. I have much, much less control and it wants to turn all the time.

What is the explanation to all this? The brakes that I tap are further out from the centerline so the same amount of tap induces more inertia? I get that, but it also departs a stable, straight line much easier than the 109.

Any explanations are welcome.

Thank you!

same amount of tap induces more inertia

This, most likely. And you'll get used to it too, because as it comes to ground handling, it doesn't really behave any different from either the Dora or the Mustang.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Are you pulling the stick back to lock the tail wheel?

This :)

Also make sure you lock the tailwheel while it is facing straight and don't speed on the taxiway - even if the motor sounds very nice ;)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

You don't have to but you can. Small/wide turns can be done with the wheel locked and really tights ones can be done too with a locked wheel and it's okay to do so if you manage to stop in time, so you can roll straight right away.

The brakes that I tap are further out from the centerline so the same amount of tap induces more inertia? I get that, but it also departs a stable, straight line much easier than the 109.

I understand now and I observed the same and thought it was really strange. It doesn't feel very realistic to me - it is as if the last tapped brake was applied still after letting it go.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Haha, yes, I lock the tailwheel - I'm talking about really slow turns. For those you have to unlock, right?

Fw 190 has very wide landing gear base, same amount force will induce a lot more yaw motion in this plane, that is why bf 109 react to this much more gentle manner.

Dora maybe be a little less prone to this because is the mass is much further from rotation point, longer engine, longer tail, it may counter react this.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor