Search Light Light Source problems

razo+r

Some problems with the light source from the searchlight:

There is no real gradient when you move the camera from the side and then over the light cone. It is simply an instant ON/OFF when you move the camera through the cone.

I know the example below is a bit extreme in angle, but it is easily reproducable and shows what I mean. You either get the light effect in picture 1, or 2. There's no real in between.

5EZMaSu.jpg

hQBwak1.png

Another similar bug to the above. Depending on the angle, you either see the light source or not. When looking from the side, you see from where the light comes. When you are in the light cone, you get this white overlay and the main light source switches off.

NI1O8r5.png

kuxIXvu.png

The Light shines through object

0qUukTM.png

Objects won't get lit up by the light

FjkeyKV.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

Currently we do have to find a balance with light sources and fps. To have the light source blocked by every object is going to create a frame hit.

Consider light sources work in progress for now, we will see improvement in the future.

Please include track replays when doing reports it helps us to reproduce issues quicker, and one issue per report.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2