[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

Hi Guys!

Who else is experiencing massive FPS loose in VR with the new OB 2.5.6?

Especially on the stennis it is now unplayable. Get FPS in the mid 20's.

Before the update everthing was smooth. Same settings :helpsmilie:

System: 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 gig RAM, GTX 1080, PD 1.2, Samsun Evo 960 SDD game disk

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't recognize anything positive, just big performance loss and loss of my VR headset.

Thus this update is a no-go for me.

Rolling back too.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I have a reduction from constant 45 fps VR performance (even in big cities and in VR, in 2.5.5) to lower 30 fps or less... unplayable for me. Altought lighting improved especially on night missions, I´m very disappointed about this update.

It seems in my test that performance impact is huge in Caucasus, regarding terrain generation (you can test in free cam view, displacing it along the scenary causes huge stutters - not seen in 2.5.5).

I believe that some dev say that will not be drop performance in 2.5.6,... maybe this reduction is some related with ground pathing or so, please devs fix it or at least, give us the same performance we had in 2.5.5 (not perfect, but playable).

My specs: 32 GM DDR 3200 Mhz, 7700K at 5.1 Ghz, 2080TI, W10, Index HMD.

PD. Deleted FXO/shaders many times, repaired, all mods removed, etc... without success

Edited by Gryzor

no issies here, maybe a little frame hit but perfectly playable

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Another unhappy VR user here.

2.5.6 made playing in VR with Oculus Rift S and a watercooled 2080ti completely unplayable. Frames dropped by ~50% with tons of stuttering and even full game freezes, requiring force closing the game, while playing in multiplayer servers.

I wasted hours trying to "repair" the game, re-installing all graphics and Oculus drivers/software. Nothing fixes the problem.

VR aside, the game completely hangs while trying to load into a server 4/5 times. Requiring a force close in task manager.

2.5.5 was issue free. It's as if they didn't even try and user test this update. Come on guys!

Edited by oldmanflan

Another unhappy VR user here.

2.5.6 made playing in VR with Oculus Rift S and a watercooled 2080ti completely unplayable. Frames dropped by ~50% with tons of stuttering and even full game freezes while playing in multiplayer servers.

I tried "repairing" the game and re-installing all graphics and Oculus drivers/software. Nothing fixes the problem.

Come on guys!

The same for me. It´s playable in some training mission (with some stutterings that previously didn´t exists, even with zero AI units), but now, every mission its a stutterfest, and multiplayer completely unplayable (for me, a experience with spikes of 15 or 10 fps is not playable. Maybe could be to others...).

The whole thing is a real stutterfest………….first I thought it had to do something with the Stennis, but after a little trial and error I realized, that the FPS are also in simple quick missions in the low 20's.

I think they should roll the thing back an redo it before releasing it again. That's the worst OB update I have seen so far

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

We are looking into FPS issues, thank you for your reports

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am running two versions of DCS one 2.5 stable with the VR mods and the new one 2.6 and I am getting better lighting and performance on the new one as is without mod....I am seeing all this little subtle things like gust of wind while landing....way less shimmering for me in VR....the clouds improved now they don't jump places when I move my head from side to side....I am loving the cockpits at night....the new lighting is awesome....so are the new sound and visual effects when your pilot is about to pass out...

Edited by jglez81

Although I only run in SP, I am actually seeing an improvement in VR performance with 2.5.6 OB. No stuttering or fps drops at all.

I have other issues with the patch, but not this.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Same here with Valve Index.

Unplayable with carrier. Yesterday in our squadron server it crashes after minutes of flying in carrier ops.

I tried to leave here the log file but it says file is corrupted when i tried to open it.

I will see if i can post a log file.

Also, in the DCS stats (Lcrtl+F12) it shows "Video Mem: 0.00 mb"...

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I am running two versions of DCS one 2.5 stable with the VR mods and the new one 2.6 and I am getting better lighting and performance on the new one as is without mod....I am seeing all this little subtle things like gust of wind while landing....way less shimmering for me in VR....the clouds improved now they don't jump places when I move my head from side to side....I am loving the cockpits at night....the new lighting is awesome....so are the new sound and visual effects when your pilot is about to pass out...

Can you share your settings, please?

If you want, you can do it sending me a private message.

Regards.

I also had the same issue with Valve index, especially in MP.

I have tried any method to improve the performance of VR, including deleting the contents of the fxo and metashader`s folder, but nothing worked. It is still horrible.

So I rollback to previous patch.

I hope DEVs can fix it, Thanks!

Strangely, I’ve had a performance boost. Previously my GPU would overload immediately I loaded the Persian Gulf module (fps would drop to 13 and gpu stream in fpsVR solid red), where as now I’m able to fly the F15/16/18 unencumbered. It’s all free flight single player as I’m a noob, but it has improved it for me.

Here are my settings if it helps...

05E43452-1106-4AFF-870E-B65585A54BD3.jpeg.43af6aa7d59c077f7687a7802e2c84b5.jpeg

A22A0838-6B10-4BA7-8E20-38E2C081D3C5.jpeg.a940e62239cd2156765583bafaef1f79.jpeg

Edited by FudBucker

FudBucker’s Hardware

Reverb Pro

Alienware Area-51 Laptop

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster 6000 for portability when travelling

i9 9900K

RTX 2080 8GB

64 GB RAM

1TB SSD RAID 0 + 1TB Hybrid

F-18 / AV8-B / A10 / F-14 / F-15 / F-16 / P-51 / Spitfire

on my end everyting is smooth as silk ;)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

on my end everyting is smooth as silk ;)

I bet the F-14 RIO seat isn't! :)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I bet the F-14 RIO seat isn't! :)

i dont play with the F14 anymore , in the F18 and F16, UH-1 etc its perfect

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I saw a major perf drop compared to 2.5.5 in VR as well. Typically offline I was getting frames in the 50+ range in 2.5.5 and 45 mostly solid around dubai. In 2.5.6 it was down to low 40's in most unpopulated areas of the PG map, and then 25-29 over dubai (at night). (yes did FXO/metashaders etc)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Care to share your system specs and settings? I'm running a pretty high end rig and getting worse performance.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).