Multicrew landing gear issue

Los

Howdy all,

My friend and I were flying Militicrew instrument approaches. (Note:we are on the same version) Both times (same mission after a restart) when we flew together, the gear would not go up. We could see the gear level go up but the lights remained flashing and the gear remained fixed. I checked the circuit breakers all were in.

I then tried the same mission with just myself flying and he remained out of the AC (We have LOTATC going so he just worked the tower) This time everything functioned normally which led me to believe its just an issue with Muticrew due to one of the latest patches. Months ago we flew and the gear worked fine.

One other weird thing in single player when you are taxing over the tarmac you would typically hear little bumps as you go over the cracks in the tarmac. these sounds have been replaced by annoying beeps. These beeps are present when I fly single player but were not present when flying multicrew. Just wanted to pass that along.

Cheers...

Los

p.s. we are on the latest patch (we just both updated today)

Howdy all,

My friend and I were flying Militicrew instrument approaches. (Note:we are on the same version) Both times (same mission after a restart) when we flew together, the gear would not go up. We could see the gear level go up but the lights remained flashing and the gear remained fixed. I checked the circuit breakers all were in.

I then tried the same mission with just myself flying and he remained out of the AC (We have LOTATC going so he just worked the tower) This time everything functioned normally which led me to believe its just an issue with Muticrew due to one of the latest patches. Months ago we flew and the gear worked fine.

One other weird thing in single player when you are taxing over the tarmac you would typically hear little bumps as you go over the cracks in the tarmac. these sounds have been replaced by annoying beeps. These beeps are present when I fly single player but were not present when flying multicrew. Just wanted to pass that along.

Cheers...

Los

p.s. we are on the latest patch (we just both updated today)

Gear:

Unable to reproduce. Be sure you enter front cockpit first and then join rear cockpit. This a DCS issue. There's nothing we can do about it.

It could also be that you exceeded maximum gear extension or retraction speed.

Sounds:

Unable to reproduce. Be aware that trimming produces a "beep" sound, unless TONO TRIM C/B (trim tone breaker) is out.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Sounds:

Unable to reproduce. Be aware that trimming produces a "beep" sound, unless TONO TRIM C/B (trim tone breaker) is out.

Actually, I've come across this sound issue too. And the sound can actually vary. For example, I played a mission in the C-101CC where I did a rocket attack. Then I played the mission again, and during takeoff, every time I hit a bump on the tarmac, it would make a rocket firing sound. Kinda funny. :) I'll try to reproduce.

EDIT: Ya, seems to be happening in both release and open beta branches. Here's the simple test I did.

1. Start the C-101EB Caucasus take-off quick mission.

2. Take off from the runway and then crash your plane and end the mission.

3. Restart the mission.

4. Take off from the runway again and you should hear some odd sound (seems to vary) while rolling down the runway. If you don't hear a sound, try repeating the steps.

Thanks.

Edited by kontiuka

Actually, I've come across this sound issue too. And the sound can actually vary. For example, I played a mission in the C-101CC where I did a rocket attack. Then I played the mission again, and during takeoff, every time I hit a bump on the tarmac, it would make a rocket firing sound. Kinda funny. :) I'll try to reproduce.

EDIT: Ya, seems to be happening in both release and open beta branches. Here's the simple test I did.

1. Start the C-101EB Caucasus take-off quick mission.

2. Take off from the runway and then crash your plane and end the mission.

3. Restart the mission.

4. Take off from the runway again and you should hear some odd sound (seems to vary) while rolling down the runway. If you don't hear a sound, try repeating the steps.

Thanks.

I had this as well yesterday. I uninstalled the C-101 module and reinstalled it -- that seemed to fix it for me.

I had this as well yesterday. I uninstalled the C-101 module and reinstalled it -- that seemed to fix it for me.
I tried that but the problem still persists. It won't do it the first time you fly. But I suspect it happens when you crash in a mission and then fly the C-101 again. Don't even think it has to be the same mission.

• 1 month later...

Hi, today we had same issue with the C101 multicrew.We could not 3hrs trying literally everything. Could not get the gear up.

1) No max landing gear speed exceeded

2) From cold star and hot start. Doesn't matter if we start the plane or the plane is already started.

3) Bug only occurs when multicrewing.

4)Map Caucasus.

Also, don't know if its a feature or not but when pressing nav button to check ILS for instance, rear pilot/front pilot cant see the ILS on HSI

• 4 weeks later...

We have encountered this too in the 107th JAS, we have tried with 4 different clients/installs, on 3 different servers, different missions, with all 4 command priority configurations and we have been running into this problem since November at least. This is most assuredly not user error, since we all are able to raise our gear just fine when flying solo.

I hope this is on top of the priority list, because this is an actual game breaking bug. You can't do anything if you can't raise your gear. I guess ED are not the only folks who only test their modules with air starts...

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

Actually just after I posted this we found what is causing this. The console light dial in the rear cockpit functions not only as the console light dial, turning it also triggers the emergency gear release. So when we were testing it from a ground start and the rear pilot turned on his console lights it would always trigger the emergency gear release (unknown to us because we were still on the ground).

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord