A-10c performance loss

Petchyboy

Hi,

I've just done a fresh install of windows and DCS open beta. Graphics settings are default high with trees reduced, civ traffic off and heat blur off with my specs below. For some very strange reason all modules perform as expected 45fps or so in the default free flight missions (FC3, BS2, f18c) however A-10c under any mission its a slide show of 5-10fps. I've tried all the usual tricks of shader deletes and so on. Ram usage goes to 15gb even on the free flight mission, only thing I've noticed thats unusual.

Any suggestions on what to try next? All drivers are latest with the fresh windows install. Before the fresh install the a-10c was doing the exact same thing as now. Got bored so started from scratch.

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

For me the new Cockpit has a huge impact on FPS. Did you fly the hog with the new cockpit before your system reset?

AFAIK ED is working on this but I don't expect big changes before relase of the A-10C 2.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Any suggestions on what to try next? All drivers are latest with the fresh windows install.

Try dropping back to Nvidia driver ~442. There's been major performance issues mentioned in other threads with the latest drivers.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Will try older drivers. Strange thing is once I've flown in the a10 all other modules are a slide show too. If I stay away from the a10 everything is fine. Possibly a memory issues?

I5 2500k@4.4ghz, GTX980 OC, 16gb Gskill 12800 DDR3 ram, ssd. Thrustmaster warthog, CH pedals. Track ir 4p

Yes I did, when the new cockpit came out and it was ok, then last week it was a slide show. See if the Nvidia drivers help