Very remarkable news in the last patch!

.Tigre.

DCS Fw 190A-8 by ED

Major updates for cooling and oil systems

Start-up procedures and priming were tuned for proper use in different weather conditions

Fixes for propeller governor

Engine sounds update

Destroyed tail no longer has multiple tails

Training missions update

Training with bombs is added

Update for start-up and take-off training

Added W.Gr.21 rockets and corresponding control panel in the cockpit

Added all currently existing german bombs to the arsenal

AB 250 cluster bomb with SD 10A submunition

AB 250 cluster bomb with SD 2 submunition

AB 500 cluster bomb with SD 10A submunition

SC 50

SC 250 J

SC 250 L2

SC 500 J

SC 500 L2

SD 250 Stg

SD 500 A

Added provision for the fuel tank

300 liters fuel tank added

Windscreen glass color edited

New skins added to the game

Manual update with information about bombs and rockets

Good work ED!

:thumbup:

It is also out of early access. So if I am not mistaken that means it will stay under-motorized and F8 is off the table as well. That put things into perspective quite rapidly :-/

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

It is also out of early access. So if I am not mistaken that means it will stay under-motorized and F8 is off the table as well. That put things into perspective quite rapidly :-/

Note that in the comments BN says to wait for the additional info on the subject to be posted in the newsletter.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Note that in the comments BN says to wait for the additional info on the subject to be posted in the newsletter.

I'm sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for that newsletter :book:

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

How? Is the engine modelled incorrectly, or did the subtype have better engines available than what we've now got?

March '44 the boost was increased. You could instantaneously see, if it was retrofitted with the increased boost, because there was a lever to pull in the cockpit then. Boost/ATA from 1,42 increased to 1,58/1,65.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/Fw_190_A-8_15-3-44.pdf

Chapter 2.C)

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

March '44 the boost was increased. You could instantaneously see, if it was retrofitted with the increased boost, because there was a lever to pull in the cockpit then. Boost/ATA from 1,42 increased to 1,58/1,65.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/Fw_190_A-8_15-3-44.pdf

Chapter 2.C)

Fox

Really interesting, it seems to be the Erhöhte Notleistung but i thought it was mounted only in july 44.

I saw we could see the installation by a yellow circle on the cowl

Bild15.jpg

It's frome herehttps://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/m/Motoren/BMW/Leistungssteigerung/BMW%20801%20D%20Leistungssteigerung.html

Really interesting, it seems to be the Erhöhte Notleistung but i thought it was mounted only in july 44.

It was mounted from July 44, like you wrote.

Part where 1,58/1,65 is described says something like :"It is tested in Rechlin now, but it has not been approved yet"

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

One from the most important information from todays Weekend News:

With the Wulf finally out of early access, we look forward to further improvements. Making the aircraft even more complex with the F-8 attack and G-8 light bomber variations.

F-8 and G-8 are still planned for DCS W :thumbup:

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

With the Wulf finally out of early access, we look forward to further improvements. Making the aircraft even more complex with the F-8 attack and G-8 light bomber variations.

Hope they will still upgrade the A-8

How? Is the engine modelled incorrectly, or did the subtype have better engines available than what we've now got?

The model we have in the game right now is accurate for D-Day but it was officially recognized as being under-motorized in comparison to contemporary Allied planes.

To combat the problem all A8 produced from 07/44 until the end of the war had a feature called "Erhöhte Notleistung" (War Emergency Power) that allowed improved performance for up to 10 minutes per use.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

To give you some numbers:

Total number of Fw-190 produced from 12/44 - 05/45

846 planes out of these about were A8 with Notleistung (NL)

904 planes were of the D9 model

The rest were specialized variants.

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

is accurate for D-Day

Underpowered or not, it's still a great plane for us groundpounders and seems very well modelled overall. Took the A/C for a spin yesterday and will probably fly it more than the D from now on, because I'm very impressed with it now that it's finally out of EA. Kudos Yo-Yo and team, the A-8 rocks! :thumbup:

PS. Any idea if the rockets are usable for ground attack, BTW? I know they're A-to-A weapons, but still.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well spotted, @saburo_cz

This recent patch has been terrific... best DCS update in ages. And, as you point out, there is more to come. Excellent!

PS. Any idea if the rockets are usable for ground attack, BTW? I know they're A-to-A weapons, but still.

At least I./JG 2 got order to use WGr.21 against Allied invasion.

Lt. Wolfgang Fisher from 3. Staffel

"... our Dodels (rockets) were prepared and we took off at abour 9.30 hours for lour first low-level attack on the landing fleetin the English sector of Caen - Bayeux. The landing craft provided good targets" ...

But successes were probably very limited, if any...

F-15E | F-14A/B

In DCS their time fuse sets off so quickly, that you have to be really close to the ground target to hit it before the rocket goes boom mid-air. That, coupled with trajectory way over the sight line makes attacking anything smaller than a big hangar rather dificult. I don't think many players will try to utilize them in air-to-ground role.

Makes me wonder if set-off time is correct then. I had an impression historically they were used to disrupt bomber formation beyond their effective defensive firing range. Not quite doable in DCS, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The real weapon should be targeted at the trailing plane of the enemy formation and launched from a distance of about 1200 - 1000 m. In theory it will then detonate about 300 meters in front of the targeted aircraft and hopefully at the center of the bomber formation.

In DCS this seems to work decently well. I can damage consistently 2-3 B-17s when attacking this way. Problem is their tail gunners already cut me to pieces within seconds from 1000 m.

The real weapon should be targeted at the trailing plane of the enemy formation and launched from a distance of about 1200 - 1000 m. In theory it will then detonate about 300 meters in front of the targeted aircraft and hopefully at the center of the bomber formation.

Checked this for the Dora and some historical material was found. Here's an example reference: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3631003&postcount=4 (although view the whole thread if you're interested).