Using F10 Map to Make Waypoints/Target Points

grant977

Like some of the other jets is there a way implemented to import mark points from F10 into the nav/targeting system?

I'm not aware of any automated way to import F10 map markers into the jet's targeting and navigation system.

One alternative way is to note down the coordinates and create new waypoints via CDU, or slew the TAD cursor over the appropriate position on the TAD map and create a markpoint there (this one is probably very difficult because of the low resolution of the TAD map).

Not in the game. There are some third party efforts to scrape info from the F10 view and send the appropriate keystrokes/bindings/clickables to input the numbers for you. But no "data cartridge" style technology built into the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Wags or someone else from ED said not long ago that hey are working on implementing "data cartridges" so these could be configured in briefing then loaded into the plane so you can plan waypoints before you enter your jet? This would be so helpful!

Some of the planes have basic "data cartridge" support essentially by allowing the module to grab mark points from the F10 map (this works in the Harrier for example)

But this is specific to the module and unfortunately isn't common tech across the aircraft. So there is no API I am aware of where you can load waypoints in any common way.

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled into this tool, which sounds like it aims to solve your issue! Setup seems a little involved, but it seems well documented:

https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

A-10C doesn't use the concept of a "Target Point."

A-10C CDU does use Waypoints though, and they can be placed using the A-10's "Initial Point" placement in the Mission Editor/Mission Planner.

... my personal opinion is that this system serves as a good foundation for a similar solution for the FA18 and F16 (and really any module in DCS which can use RNAV). The Mission Planner needs expansion to make it more useful for users, especially in Multiplayer.