Those baked-on reflections

philstyle

ED, thanks for improving the head-limits for the spitfire, allowing us now, with TiR, to "lean" out the canopy. This is most welcome.

Unfortunately, this new feature has highlighted even more how bad/ ugly/ cheap those baked on cockpit reflections are. They're even more obvious and unpalatable from the new lean-out perspective. See the image below.

How about just releasing the canopy as clean. The reflections add VERY little value apart from making in-cockpit still screenshots look slightly better. I suppose this is good for marketing purposes, but it really detracts from game-play. Can you have a word with the Graphics team lead and put an end to these? I know owners of other modules are similarly unimpressed, especially in VR.

xXJaXAm.jpg

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

+1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

No more static reflection.

If ED is willing to do dynamic reflections i am very Yest for it, Static are bad,at least make them more transparent.

For example, Mig 15 static reflections are so low in resolution that it hurts my eyes now when i flying it.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yea, the feature they added for the Hornet and Viper, to have the option to choose between static reflections or none, Id like to see added to all modules in DCS, no exceptions, and very asap.

Especially in VR those static reflections are horrid.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Oh don't get me started with Ka-50 they are unbearable, they break the immersion completely... Graphics team needs to wake up, it is better to have no reflections at all then fake baked in ones.

Ok if they really want them in the game make it optional for all modules not just nit pick current popular ones.

+1

( I would post the same image in VR, but since the forums require an image url no go for me, or at least I don't know how... :( )

@wuffman Don't click the image button above, just attach the image using button below.

As far as the static reflections - ED must surely be realising some of them are just not working. They did add the oipton to remove them from the F-16 canopy and MFD's which was nice. The MFD's look much better and are easier to use, but I prefer the ones on the canopy as you actually feel it is there in VR - if you remove all reflections it feels like there is no canopy at all. They are quite subtle thou.

Perhaps they just need to tone them all down a bit and reduce the 'detail' so to speak.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed the fake reflections need to go across all modules, as a switchable option as per the f-18/16

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

No point in having them as a switchable option, they don't look good period. Maybe if it was a game from the early2000's it would be a marvel. It just looks low quality.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Some modules have settings reflections off, it wasn't fair to leave out WWII machines.

at last count, it was 2 (f-16 and FA18 ), only in 2.5.6 and it was an experiment by ED (which they said at the time they released it...)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Yea, the feature they added for the Hornet and Viper, to have the option to choose between static reflections or none, Id like to see added to all modules in DCS, no exceptions, and very asap.

Especially in VR those static reflections are horrid.

Very much this salute.png

I love being able to disable those reflections especially in the Viper.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg